“In middle of a rennovation, so it could have been better.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover

Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Elk Grove, California
“In middle of a rennovation, so it could have been better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of August on a business trip. I never would have stayed this far out of Boston if it wasn't for my business needs being this far out. I have to say that upon arriving to the hotel, I was kind of dissapointed at my initial first glance. Big red brick building without much character. Inside brought with it a little more charm at the front lobby/restaurant area.

My room was on the 3rd floor down the end of a wing that was being rennovated. If it wasn't for the current rennovation, I would have turned right around and left due to everything being so unkempt. I do have to say, though, that, as I arrived to my room, I was pleasantly surprised! The room was large enough for me, had a nice desk and a bed that was actually one of the more comfortable ones I have slept in at a hotel in quite a long time - and at a Holiday Inn nonetheless!

My room was one of the recently rennovated rooms, so I would have to recommend to anybody planning a trip here to ensure that you request a rennovated room. You won't be sorry! If you are staying here in the near future, ignore any of the chipped paint on the walls, torn carpet, etc., This is part of their rennovation and should not be indicative of your stay in your room.

Two complaints, though, that I do have to point out. One morning, at around 5:30am, I heard a loud sound that sounded like a power tool coming from eitehr downstairs or down the hall. The only thing I could make it out to be was the rennovation team getting an early start... I really hope it was something else, as that would be totally unacceptible in my book for a hotel to have loud work happening that early...

My other complaint is the free high speed internet. I know I shouldn't be complaining about free high speed internet, but do have to say that they really need to consider upgrading their avaliable bandwidth - especially during peak hours (7pm to 10pm). I was trying to use remote desktop to my home computer and the speed was horrible!!! Reminded me of the old dial up days with each screen "painting itself" one block of lines at a time!!!

Other than that, I had an adequate stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Waynesboro, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

This hotel is currently being renovated. We were first given two rooms on an unrenovated floor. The dark hallways smelled of smoke. You could hear TV's and talk from the rooms--and even banging on a door down the hall with someone yelling "Police!" Our rooms were connecting(we have a large family) but the rooms were worn and filthy. We went back to the lobby and asked for other rooms, so they kindly walked us up to a renovated floor--rooms have been renovated, but the hallways are still smelly and unrenovated. The rooms were across the nasty hallway from each other. We left the hotel even exhausted from a long day of traveling. It is not a 3 star hotel!!! We stayed across the street at the beautiful Residence Inn. We enjoyed a yummy buffet breakfast too! Don't book this hotel if you are thinking it is a 3 star!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

new jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

I visit my daughter in Maine once a year.It is a ten hour hike so I look for a spot where I can get a soft bed,a cool room,and a clean bathroom.This is the joint..It is situated in a corporate center with office buildings to the right or left.So don't worry about the poster who spoke of vandalism.It is not a blighted area,on the contrary it is an upscale corporate area.Well after 6 hours on the road this lumbering oaf was ready for some well deserved sleep.I navigated through New Jersey.If you can drive on any interstate in New Jersey .287,GSP,440,195,80 you can drive anywhere in the world.New York City is an easier drive,all be it with more traffic.Anyway hotel was SLIGHTLY worn,looked like a college dorm,but who cares,Had plenty of good eateries in the area,and bottom line,"I got nothing to complain about":

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Red Sox Nation
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

I've attended several weddings at this Holiday Inn, but the most recent one was especially hospitable and inviting. The venue is finely appointed for a cocktail reception and the perfect comfortable size for dinner & dancing for about 125 people. The bride and groom chose to serve a buffet, and the food was wonderful. The rooms are clean, spacious, and quiet. The restaurant was perfect for breakfast in the morning, hot breakfast buffet was a value and quick compared to ordering off the menu. There were quite a few of us, so it was the welcome alternative, so we could linger awhile and chat. Overall, the staff was friendly and accommodating. We needed extra towels, and they were quickly delivered to the room. Over all these year, this hotel continues to be an anchor in the community -- always consistent, friendly, and the food is GREAT!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing - Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Dear its5pmsomehwherenow,

First of all, we love your screen name and we are thrilled you enjoyed your most recent event at our landmark hotel. We take great pride in the weddings we host in our function space and are so excited that you have provided feedback. Indeed, weddings of 75-200 people are prefect in our dedicated function space. We host just one wedding at a time so the devotion of our service team is focus just on one event – this leads to a more successful and memorable experience for all. Our executive chef has been at the hotel for 16 years and has perfected a wedding menu that meets the most demanding clientele. That coupled with our dedicated wedding coordinator/sales executive set the foundation for a wonderful experience that’s second to none. We look forward to your next visit to the hotel soon – tell your friends to get married here!
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stay in different hotels all over New England and this is the best hotel by far. The best service, attitude, employees and overall quality.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TwinTier, S. Nass, Area Director of Sales and Marketing - Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
Dear deweywc,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We greatly appreciate your business and your comments provide us the reassurance that we are "doing things right" at our award winning hotel. Although our multi million dollar restoration is doing wonders in making our hotel a state of the art lodging and business facility, it's our employees that truly make the difference between an average stay and one that is memorable. Thank you for recognizing that. We will be sure to pass along your remarks. We hope to host you again soon on your next trip down from Bangor.
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night as a business traveler. It is located in the heart of Merrimack Valley and a perfect destination after hours of a long day business meetings. Though far from Boston city it provides good service, beautifully appointed facilitities and many attractions of the Merrimack Valley including the Tsongas Arena, Lowell Memorial Auditorium, shopping and golf.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank laksundar1
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing - Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We often hear that our location is fantastic for those traveling to and from the Merrimack Valley. Business people, like yourself find our amenities ideal (function space, business center, high speed internet, etc.), while those traveling on leisure find them just appealing (pool, gym, saunas, etc.). Thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

We decided to stay at this Hotel due to rate being within our budget. When we arrived there I was quite happy with the quick check in and the beautiful Lobby, not what you usually see in a Holiday Inn. Anyway, we got a room that was recently renovated and WOW! It was beautiful! It looked like I was staying at a Hilton or similar. It even had a subtle "new stuff" smell in the room. In the morning we went down for breakfast and everybody was so accomodating in the restaurant - excellent service specially when you have kids you NEED all the help. The check out experience was easy and quick since I already had my receipt under my door first thing in the morning. I will be staying at this hotel anytime I come to MA and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank JohnnyC2010
Thanks for the feedback you've provided. The renovation has certainly received raved reviews by our guests and clients and we are thrilled with the feedback we are receiving. That said, the product itself is just half of the formula for a successful hotel - the other half is the service - and we are proud that both halves made for an enjoyable stay during your visit with us. We pride ourselves with striving to exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you for to confirming our efforts are being noticed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford

Been to Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover? Share your experiences!