Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
$139
$99
$105
La Quinta
All reviewsroom was cleancracker barrelin house restaurantplenty of parkingdowntown bostonstayed one nightgas stationoff the highwaylauramicrowaveinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2014

No complaints about this place, very nice rooms, fantastic comfortable bed, very clean and reliable wifi. Paid Priceline rate so may have been less impressed if I paid full price. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Somegirl,

We are very happy you enjoyed your accommodations with us and found our rooms, beds, and wifi to your liking. Indeed you received a wonderful rate with Priceline (a happily preferred partner of ours). We trust you saw the value in what you received and look forward to ma future visit soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago when they were in the process of renovating which was sorely needed at the time. They've finished. Staff very friendly, room good, just what I expected from a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Maureen4664,

Thank you for your recent review – we appreciated hearing from you and are thrilled you acknowledged our impressive renovation. We completed it with upgrades and enhancements to all 227 guest rooms and much of our public spaces. We look forward to you visiting with us again soon. Until then, stay warm this winter!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed one night prior to a business meeting. The hotel looked like the typical Holiday Inn from the outside. It was clear it was an older-style hotel, though it had been recently renovated. The place was practically empty – just a handful of cars in the parking lot. Check-in was pretty typical and straight forward. While the staff did thank me for being a Platinum Rewards Club Member, she didn’t offer – or simply provide – a room upgrade. It’s pretty standard to always get an upgrade as a Platinum Member, particularly when the hotel is nearly empty.

I was assigned a room on the 5th Floor. Walking by the dining outlets and bar in the hotel, they were completely empty – like a ghost town! I found my room to be – no kidding or exaggeration – DIRECTLY off the elevator and DIRECTLY across from the ICE MACHINE and VENDING MACHINE. So, not only was I not offered an upgrade (which the hotel clearly had available) but they put a Platinum Elite guest DIRECTLY across from the elevator and ice machine! In a completely empty hotel! The noise was horrible, I particularly enjoyed the excessive noise when the guest would fill the ice bucket and decide they didn’t want that ice and dump it out into the metal drain in the machine.

The room itself was recently renovated. Very typical of most old-style Holiday Inn Hotels. There was a problem I have never seen before... the executive desk is near the entry to the room but there is NO phone on or near the desk, the only phone was across the room near the bed. Makes it very difficult to work unless you want to use your cell phone for everything.

The hotel appeared clean but the condition of the room was not acceptable. The curtains had clearly visible holes/were torn (see the attached picture.) The ice bucket was something from a “Motel 6” – truly ridiculous. A tiny plastic, thin bucket with NO ice bucket liner. It looked cheap, it felt cheap, it was cheap. It felt very unclean and very dirty. It was made so much better by the wrapped-plastic cups next to it on a plastic tray. The coffee supplies were ridiculous; again, they just oozed “cheap.” The bed linens had BURN HOLES in them from someone clearly smoking in the room. I am not a smoker. The hotel room was a non-smoking room. The room did not smell like smoke, so it tells me the linens were burned a while ago in another room and never taken out of service as they should have been.

It seems like a typical Holiday Inn Hotel near a major interstate from the outside... they made a great effort to renovate the hotel... but the quality just isn’t Holiday Inn at all. It doesn’t help to have a re-done room if the linens and supplies are not up to the Holiday Inn standard. And, as for the staff, while they were not rude they really need to be re-trained about how a Platinum Elite guest should be checked-in. They should be upgraded, especially when the hotel is nearly empty! And they should never get a room across from the elevator and ice machine. It may seem trivial and petty, and I would agree if the hotel was busy, but it isn’t trivial or petty when the hotel is almost empty and they have many many choices for rooms – the ones near the elevator should be the last to be used.

Don’t stay at this hotel; it’s not what the “new” Holiday Inn should be. You could stay at some of the other local, nearby nationally branded hotels and get a better stay. A stay without burned linens or rubbish ice buckets. I don’t think I would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fly_away_11
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Fly_away_11,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Booked Hotel from home and when we arrived we were greeted with one of the nicest and informative desk clerks that I have met in Years .Laura Clements, she had a great smile ,made us feel so at home even though the place was booked with kids for hockey games. The children were children, however not disturbing the guest, at least we never felt they did. The Hotel didn't have the complimentary breakfast that we are used too. I found it a bit pricy for what they did have for breakfast . 11.00 was a lot. across the street a great breakfast for under ten dollars and a bit further at I Hop also around ten. The Hotel was clean classy and very beautiful..We didn't care much for the rugs because of alergies The Hotel is beautiful nicely decorated nice Lobby My advice to you would be check out just what is important to you price of meals for quality, because there in the U.S.A they have some great places to eat. .For me I like to stay where they have a complimentary breakfast and most of the Holiday Inns that I have stayed at are fantastic.
I must mention they did have the hot tub and swimming pool .I had planned on using but because of so many at the hotel at the time I didn't bother to even go.

Room Tip: I think any side would be great we were in front and only heard the motors of running busses and it didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear nannamy,

Thank you so much for your recent visit to our hotel. We have passed your complimentary comments onto Laura and she remembers you! As special as she made you feel you also provided her with a memory as well. We are glad you took notice of our renovation…we are thrilled to be able to provide the finest accommodations to our guests at a value that can’t be beat. Our full American hot breakfast buffet is indeed a value at $11.00. We have fresh eggs, make your own waffle station, breakfast meats, home fries, pancakes/French toast, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, hot beverages, cold milks and juices. Hope you’ll join us for breakfast next time you’re in town. Until then, have a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed for a week for business. Room was nice and clean, bed was totally comfy, staff was nice and accommodating. Free welcome reception on tuesday which was nice with free appetizers andbeer or wine. Room was always clean on return. Cant think of a nnegative at this time...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jennifer H,

Not much brings a smile to our faces than to read a comment and succinct as “nice stay”. That’s our goal every day. Our guest room product, service, and amenity package is second to none in the area and we are proud you enjoyed them all. We look forward to you joining us again soon.