Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
$89
$129
$107
$101
All reviewsroom was cleancracker barrelin house restaurantplenty of parkingdowntown bostonstayed one nightgas stationoff the highwaylauramicrowaveinns
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The is nice to look at but its not clean. I saw some hair on the carpet. The bathroom looks clean too. But you had this feeling that it is not clean. Im in room 564. The door handl3 is defective. Its hard to open. I tried the possible combination but took me like ten minutes struggling just to open the door. The bathroom sink is clogged. Nice bathroom ammenities. I believe this hotel also accomodate pets inside. That is the why I have this guilt feeling that the room is not clean because of the pets.

Like is said the breakfast is great.

• Stayed: July 2013
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketibng at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear frequent_traveler_x,

Thank you for your critique of our hotel and we are so happy you enjoyed our breakfast offerings. We have brought to the attention of the appropriate departments your impressions of our guest rooms, and specifically address your concerns with our housekeeping team. Indeed we extend a “welcome” to pets and have specific rooms that pets are housed with their owners in the hotel and typically guests with pets understand that scenario given they have pets as well. We hope you will join us again for a visit soon and please bring your four legged friend.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed here twice. Had poor expierences both times. We stayed a second time hoping the first was a fluke. The customer service is very poor. The front desk has been rude and not at all helpful. Both times stayed in rooms with some damage and when we brought it to the front desks attention they shrugged their shoulders. The second time there was a very loud party happening at the paino in the lobby. There was noise, drinking and smoking. They have an issue with cleaning the mold off the tub and shower curtain. We have complained both times to the management. My daughter happens to be an IHG employee and was treated very badly. Clearly they have no respect for fellow employees. She has gotten a mediocre response from management. i have gotten none. Even though I am the person who paid the bill they did not feel it was necessary to respond to me directly. My son lives in Boston and it is not a long drive from Tewksbury however it is not someplace I would ever stay in again nor recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank M T
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear MT,

Firstly, we are so terribly disappointed to have received your review of our award winning hotel - we don’t believe we’ve read one that has critiqued our service and product as disappointingly as yours in recent memory. In an effort to address your concerns personally and immediately, we would like for you to reach out to our General Manager and/or our Area Director of Sales and Marketing directly just as soon as possible by calling the hotel and asking for either. Of course, it’s our sincere desire to improve any impression that may not provide our guests with a true depiction of our landmark hotel and although you have shared a poor experience with us we also know it does not accuracy depict neither us nor the overwhelming positive and favorable responses we receive each day. Naturally, we want to ensure your impression of us is heightened….and we’d like to start by doing so with the leadership of our hotel. Please call us directly. In the meantime, our entire management team has been provided your feedback and has met to discuss your findings.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were enroute from Maine to NJ and on a whim I picked up one of those Hotelcoupons.com booklets that you find at the rest areas to see if I could find a deal when we stopped for the night. I saw the coupon for this hotel, called to book a room and they quoted a rate of $119. I told her I had a coupon....do they still honor that? Absolutely...room comes down to $79. Worth getting that coupon! The hotel looked like it would be a nice business hotel, nice entrance/desk area, good sized restaurant...had that business feel to it. Got up to the room and was surprised that it was a little cramped for 3 people (with luggage). We looked all over for a luggage rack and (like another reviewer), couldn't find one in the room...so we were trying to balance one suitcase on a chair while the other (my son could bend easier than I could!) had to go on the floor. While everyone has their own preferences, I would prefer a luggage rack over a microwave on an overnight stay. Unless I'm staying a few nights (where I can go to the supermarket and get some frozen food), I'm not going to use a microwave oven...however a luggage rack would be used instantly (and save my back the bending or lifting). Besides, is the cost of one luggage rack in a room going to bust the pockets of Holiday Inn? I'm thinking probably not. Anyway, I did like the room otherwise and the bed was comfortable. We all picked the pillow that was most comfortable for us, but they should've been standard size pillows. Half size pillows, just looks like you're skimping. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was very pleasant. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel because we were just dying for the Cracker Barrell blueberry pancakes across the street, but the hotel breakfast did look wonderful. Despite the suggestions above, we were all happy with this hotel and would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ajsnskool
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear ajsnskool,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and as importantly your most recent visit to the area with us. We appreciate you impressions and are thrilled your stay was an enjoyable one and you would return to us on your next visit to the area. We appreciate you noticing that your guest room (as well as all others too) are equipped with a microwave oven (and each has a refrigerator as well!). The overwhelming majority of our guests asked us to provide these amenities and we were happy to do so. Given the number of amenities out rooms have a luggage rack is not one of them at this time. We hope you also noticed that each room has a variety of pillow options from firm to soft to foam to fiber, etc. Moreover, each of our beds comes with 4 standard sized pillows each as apposed to the traditional 2 that a standard bed would accommodate in a hotel. Also, if additional pillows of any size are requested we are always happy to provide promptly. We hope on your next visit you’ll enjoy our bountiful breakfast buffet (and our chef would be happy to create blueberry pancakes for you as well!). Have a wonderful summer ahead and know we appreciate your business.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very kind staff. Everything in a good state. It has a laundry and a swimming pool at the 1st floor if I remember right.
Special thing about the hotel - very nice placement :) Nature, quietness etc.
Nice start to run in the morning

Room Tip: It doesn't matter :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Stas P,

Thank you for joining us recently for your trip to the Boston area. We are proud of our landmark hotel and even more so for the satisfaction you experienced during your visit. Although we are just a short 40 minute drive to Boston we also are conveniently located in the tranquil suburbs of Metro West Boston – both allow us to cater to clientele whom may want the closeness of the City and also the peace a quite you desired and found on your visit. We are also happy to read you enjoyed one of the many running trails in and around our hotel - way to go! We look forward to your next visit soon. Until then, enjoy a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Tweksbury is a ittle off the beaten path But Hotel was great overall.friendly staff,clean rooms ,restaurant onsite etc.I am pretty sure they had a remodel not to long ago it is not your average Holiday inn.

• Stayed: June 2013
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear ctrt566,

Firstly, whenever a guest says they would diffidently stay with us again (and many do!) we want to say “thank you and we welcome you back!”. It’s wonderful that you recently joined us and had an memeorable visit. Indeed our hotel has recently been renovated and our professional housekeeping team takes great pride in keeping it looking that way. Many quests find us as a wonderful alternative to the higher priced options in Boston yet we are convenient to the City and of course all the attractions and business districts of the Merrimack Valley. Like you alluded to, and as we often say “we aren’t your grandparents Holiday Inn”….and we are far from ‘average”. Thanks for noticing. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.