“Great Hotel Staff”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel Staff”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our wedding party stayed here the night before and the night of our wedding and the staff was so pleasant and accommodating from beginning to end. The Manager, David Mangiapane assisted me with the blocking of the rooms for our guests, the after-party for our wedding and assisted me with our welcome letter for our welcome bags that everyone received with a smile. The bartender was very pleasant and accommodating to all of our guests. It made our day even more special and easier to plan. Our room was large, clean and the beds were very comfortable. This was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear cvozzella,

Thank you for sharing your most recent visit with us. We appreciate your patronage and your feedback. I have passed along your comments to our professional team of associates and they, along with I, am honored to have played an important part is such a special evening for you last month. David, along with the many others who contributed to the memorable wedding you and your bride had with us will forever be grateful that we had the opportunity to share the evening as your hosts. We look forward to you returning, perhaps on an upcoming anniversary, to once again experience why our guests are not only special clients but family first. Until then, many happy returns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've stayed at my fair share of high end hotels as well as affordable chains- more high ends than not. Holiday Inn Tewksbury-Andover (affordable chain) was great!

I was in a state pageant; we all stayed here for the weekend. Talk about girl power! Lol.
All contestants stayed in a standard size room with 2 queen beds, a mini fridge, desk, and full-size bathroom.
For two complete strangers, we were comfortable in the space provided.
I only say that to say it's not crammed by any standards, but I presume you won't be staying with a stranger.

Although our rooms were paid through our pageant fees, I know (because I searched online out of curiosity) that the prices for Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover are average.

The room was clean, service was good, staff was friendly, and in the lobby area is a small restaurant that was surprisingly delish and dinner was served open buffet style. The continental breakfast wasn't bad either, typical.

The elevators were a little slow, but keep in mind there were 125 pageant contestants + chaperons + families + coaches, etc. I'm sure the hotel isn't usually this busy.

We didn't have the luxury of visiting the pool or gym, but my family did and they were pleased.

I was comfortable and would certainly stay again if I ever found myself needing a place to stay away from the city.

PS, bring your GPS because it can be quite the tricky drive. The first time I came here (for pageant orientation) it took nearly three hours from Boston - No exaggeration!
Having my GPS the second trip saved me some time.
Satisfaction with location is contingent upon what you’re looking for. If you want something away from the city and secluded, this will definitely do!
Sleep quality: 5 stars, almost the entire floor was made up of pageant contestants so perhaps we were all so drained and exhausted that it was easier to sleep through the night- whatever it was, it was great and soo necessary!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing for Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear SignedKenadee,

We are so very happy you were able to join us for the sold out Miss MA USA pageant weekend this year. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our award winning hotel. We are proud to have a leading hotel northwest of Boston, and being located just 30 minutes from Boston proper make us an excellent value with amenities (as you’ve mentioned) found in many of the luxury hotels without the costs associated with them. We are eager to welcome you back soon. Please try to visit the health club and heated pool next time around – I’m sure you’ll enjoy as much as you did the rest of our hotel and staff.
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My expectations in coming to this hotel may have been a bit low, but my stay here was very comfortable and I would recommend this to anyone I know. The internet connection was adequate, the television programming was clear and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing for Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear JC52129733,

We are thrilled that we perhaps raised your future expectations of our award winning hotel. Indeed, as a brand Holiday Inn has grown into a formidable competitor for value, comfort, and product offerings. We are honored you shared an evening with us and would recommend us to your friends – thank you. We look forward to your next visit soon.
Bayside, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I typically stay at a Crowne Plaza hotel when we visit our kids near Boston, but other travel plans made it necessary to stay close to Andover. We selected the Holiday Inn Tewksbury due to it's location and had only mediocre expectations compared to what we were accustomed to. Let me say that we were exceedingly pleased with with our entire experience at this highly pleasant hotel! Wondferfull staff at the front desk, the housekeeping lady was smilling and cheerfull and our breakfast server was extremely helpfull with our questions about the local area.

We loved the comfy bed that came with a selection of pillows with various firmness options. Nice HD flatscreen TV and a European style bathroom made the room feel like a high end city hotel. I have to add that it was breakfast (included with our stay) that really was a surprise!
The buffet had so many selections, pancakes, french toast, hash browns, ham and eggs, sausage and bacon, pastries, fruit, juice and even the little individual milks. We even got our own coffee pot at the table.

The pool and fitness center looked nice, but time did not alow us to give them a try. We wished that we could have tried the restaurant for dinner, but we did have sandwiches in the bar which was cozy and friendly. Be sure to try their chowder or sausage and pepper soup.

It will be worth your while to go out of your way to try this hotel. Not your average Holiday Inn. PS. Great cookies at checkin, but the lemon water was weird. How about cider or punch?

J McKeon

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TwinTier, Area Dirctor of Sales and Marketing for Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Jane M,

Thank you for commenting on your most recent visit with us. We are absolutely thrilled to know that we met and exceeded your expectations and have passed your comments onto our dedicated team of processionals in each department. It’s obviously you took note of the upgraded guest room amenities and product offerings. From our bedding package to our flat screen TV’s to our bathroom marble and fluffy towels our hotel’s value is second to none anywhere in the area. Our breakfast buffet continues to receive rave reviews – most recently having received a complete overhaul based on guest’s suggestions. As you’ll notice we take guest comments very seriously. We hope in your next visit you’ll experience our health club and pool complex – both are a great way to jump start your day or wind down after a busy one. Please reach out to us on your next visit we’d like to say hi and welcome you back.
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Low water pressure is a pet peeve of mine, and this Holiday Inn had terrible water pressure. I was on the second floor. Internet signal was also pretty weak. Unable to watch Netflix. Standard websurfing was slow. A little bit run down even by Holiday Inn standards. Price was good at $104 per night. You get what you pay for as they say.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank SimmJim
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing for Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear SimmJim,

Thank you for your recent comments. We were disappointed with your review of both our water pressure and complimentary wifi. Our wifi typically provides seamless streaming of video’s and fluid use of business applications. As a matter of fact many guests use our complimentary wifi service in our outlets and public spaces to connect with work, family and alike daily. Similarly, our water pressure is typically not an issue at any time of day. Even so, we are researching to determine if, during the sold out dates you visited with us, there was a prominent problem with either the water pressure or wifi signal or if any other guest had a similar issue. We trust that you will give us a chance to provide you with the service and product you come to expect from us at any price.
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here at the recommendation of a friend while in the area for our wedding anniversary. I've stayed at a number of Holiday Inns, as well as at a few of the other hotels located close by in the past and I'd say this property is top of the list. The lobby area was beautifully decorated and the hotel staff was exceptionally friendly even when we arrived late at night. It appeared the hotel was recently renovated throughout which is a great comfort as a first time guest. Our room was eloquently done and very modern feeling. If I could have snuck the bed out the back door I probably would have; my wife is still talking about how comfortable it was. All in all our stay was great. I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants a comfortable, enjoyable, and hassle free stay. I'll be returning in the future for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cdon D,

Thank you so very much for your recent visit with us and your subsequent comments regarding our services and hotel amenities. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and have shared your comments with our proud team of industry professionals. We recently devoted a multimillion dollar restoration of our hotel to ensure our guests have the very experience you had while staying with us. Our guest rooms, lobby, and guest room case goods make is the choice to stay in the Merrimack Valley. We look forward to your next visit and hope you’ll come on a Tuesday whereby you’ll be able to meet with you while you enjoy our complimentary cocktails and hor dourves reception. Until then, safe and pleasant travels.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Nothing to complain about with this holiday inn they really did a good job preparing everything for guests. Except maybe their wifi is slow and can be hard to connect at times. The rooms are one of the best 3 star rooms I have stayed at. Very clean, spacious, with choices of pillow firmness. Very comfortable room which resulted to very good sleep. The staff were very professional. Couldn't write anything more because we stayed for only 1 night. But I definitely recommend this place. One of the better ones of holiday inns that I know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TwinTier, Area Director of Sales and Marketing at Twin Tier Hospitality at Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear joseph t,
Thank you for sharing your review of our awarding winning hotel with us recently. Indeed we have a property that’s second to none in the area. As you’ve noted, it certainly could be rated higher than 3 stars’ and we are proud to be a leading property in the area. We underwent a multimillion dollar restoration in 2011 and our team of professionals has kept the hotel looking as immaculate as it did the day of our re-grand opening. We look forward to your next visit to us and hope you have as wonderful 2013.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover? Share your experiences!