“Won't go back!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tewksbury
Ashford, Connecticut
“Won't go back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay for one night. Motel 6 was the cheapest place in the area and I now know why. Our non smoking room was clearly smoked in, the bathroom sink was not cleaned very well, and the curtains do NOT block out the lights from outside so I could not sleep. Unless your desperate or truly can't afford another place I recommend you stay someplace else!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kimberly J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This motel has very ignorant staff. It took them until 5 pm to get clean towels to our room. They do not serve any breakfast and only put out 1 container of coffee once its empty thats it for the day. They charge you for wifi services. The pool was very disgusting and took them three days to clean it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeremy W

Travelers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

Concord, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I found drugs rampant in this place and a guy asked me at least four times in two days if I wanted an erotic massage and he would let me have sex with him during the massage - I am a man! I also witnessed several people smoking poor and doors open to see people doing coke. Not a very nice place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
11 Thank mealoneatx
Coventry, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I think this is my all-time worst motel stay EVER. Despite reservations for 3 nights, upon my arrival at 7:30 PM, the room reeked so badly of cigarette smoke, I couldn't breathe long enough to even call the front desk. Got another where the bed-cover sported a nice round cigarette hole, and though I had no clock, no hair-dryer, & no free wi-fi (you must appear at the front desk to get the code for $2.99 per day), I was permitted 1 washcloth & 3 small towels. The hot water leaked from the tub spout so badly, I had to shut the bathroom door to shut out not only the trip-drip-drip but also the humidity...which ultimately rendered the toilet paper roll soggy. Upon returning for my 2nd luxurious night, my bed had not been made though I was permitted 1 new washcloth and 2 towels, this time an actual almost-bath-sized one. My 3rd night was the most fun: not only no bed made, both tiny trash cans (and I do mean cans) were un-emptied, and I had NO clean towels. This time, I had to make my dissatisfaction known which I decided do to at the front desk area when I went to get ice....which is the only place there are any ice machines..... both of which were out of order. My reservations were then checked as it is reportedly this charming motel's policy to provide services only twice a week if one has a prolonged, say, 1-2 week stay in mind. As I wasn't one of these "lucky" folks, I was given an apology and, eventually, 5 fresh towels, still hot from the dryer. The only good thing I can say about this dump, is that the staff I met were unusually helpful. I am returning to this area in 3 weeks. I have made reservations elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you must stay there, insist on smoke-free room, preferably second-floor so there will be no kids...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Joyce G
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The great part about Motel 6 in tewksbury mass is it's right off of 495 and there's plenty of places to eat and shop. You have everything you need around you especially if you forget anything Can't go wrong

• Stayed August 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I wish I had seen all these reviews before I booked my stay, I would have stayed elsewhere because they are accurate to my experience. The Motel has an outdoor pool, which was closed because the season is over. It also shares a parking lot with IHOP -- literally steps away, across the grass. (The Motel is L shaped.)The only problem with this set up is that you can't park close to the rooms on that side because of the IHOP, so it can be a slight walk from your car. Your also fighting for parking spots with IHOP customers. The pool is located on that side, directly behind the IHOP. There is a Burger King in the next lot, walking distance, and the Motel is right off the highway. I arrived before the check-in time because when I made the reservation over the phone Motel 6 did not require a credit card to hold the room, which I like, but they told me that I must be there at 3pm to check in so that my reservation would be honored. I didn't want to chance it so I arrived early to pay for my room. While the woman at the front desk was friendly she said she "Couldn't guarantee that your room would be ready by 3pm because last night was busy and they have a lot of rooms to clean." I would have felt a little better about her statement had I not seen four people sitting in the office space doing nothing. (And, don't get me wrong, I'm not hard to please and people do need breaks/lunches but I would think if your behind in room cleaning and your hotel is booked Management would hold off on allowing four people to take breaks at the same time so that rooms could be ready for the guests on time.) At that time I asked for extra blankets and pillows and was assured they would be there. (I even heard her tell the person in charge of that room about my request.) Not wanting to rock the boast we arrived back at the the motel after 3pm to ensure the room was ready. There was a new person behind the desk, he was also friendly. He finished the check in process with me and had to check if the room was ready. He left me at the desk and came back. He assured me it was ready. I was put on the first floor, which was nice. When I arrived at the room and opened the door there was a distinct odor. I couldn't tell you exactly what it was, it wasn't gross but it was there. It wasn't that off putting and I liked the look of the modern room, the flat screen t.v., and the size of the refridge and microwave. The laminate floors are nice, and a good idea -- like the other review says, especially if they allow animals. This is where my love of the room ends......I walked in the bathroom and there were three big long hairs on the tub. Very noticeable!! I don't know how they could've missed them. The tub also had brown marks on it, like cigarettes were placed there to rest while someone was using the bathroom. (The room was suppose to be a non-smoking room, but there was an ashtray -- turned upside down -- on the bedside table.) I could not inspect the room further because I had an event to attend. I made a quick stop at the front desk and explained the situation. I was assured it would be handled, so I left. (Now, if you remember when I checked in the person behind the desk had to check if the room was ready and was told it was.)When I returned, hours later, the hairs were still there. Then I noticed other things......The toilet itself was not cleaned, there was dried urine under the seat and at the back where the lid/seat attach to the toilet. The shelves outside the bathroom in the sink area were covered in dust. I went to the front desk and told the gentleman that I spoke with earlier that the hairs were still there. He apologized and told me the person told him that they handled it. With that I felt that there was no point in bringing up the rest of the issues. I'd clean the bathroom myself, there was nothing else I could do since the motel was completely booked. I also had to ask him for the extra pillows and blankets the woman behind the desk had assured me would be there. (I didn't get extra blankets, only sheets. Not what I needed.) I actually felt bad that I had to ask him for things that should've been there/taken care of. A few more notes on the bathroom...The tub is slightly higher than your tub at home, so you have to make a slightly awkward step up which puts you closer to the ceiling. It gives it a closed in/tight feel. The shower head looks impressive but the water pressure stinks. No matter how well I closed the curtain the floor between the toilet and tub got soaked. There were some holes in the bathroom walls that were patched, but not smoothed or painted. The rest of the room....The beds were neatly made, comfortable, and clean. I didn't notice anything on the sheets. There was plenty of bedside space, shelves on either side and in the middle. There was a table and two chairs under the flat screen t.v. The refridge was bigger than most that I have seen in hotels with nice freezer space. While the room looked impressive in size I soon found out it was a tight fit for a cot or pack-n-play. The space between the bed/window, bed/bed, and bed/wall is not big enough to allow something like that to fit there. Even at the foot of the bed it is a tight fit, blocking the way to the bathroom if placed in front of the second bed and touching the table/chairs and making walking around difficult for the first bed. I thought it would fit between the wall and the refridge/microwave, but nope. I ended up moving one of the chairs and placing it on the wall with the table, a little farther away than I liked but not a trip hazard. (Just an FYI for people travel with kids.) I did notice a Police presence, both inside the motel behind the counter and outside on the grounds. I didn't know why they were there and they didn't bother me. (Other reviews mention this.) Check out time is 12pm, which is awesome. We were out of there well before then. Check out was uneventful. "Your all set, just leave the keys on the counter".....the woman couldn't even bother to stop what she was doing and walk over to the counter......she didn't even ask me how my stay was.......

Room Tip: If you want a close walk to your room and parking you don't have to "fight" for then a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank DealMom
GuestRelationsM6, General Manager at Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear DealMom,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 1403 Boston (Tewksbury). I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Carl Terwilliger
Motel 6
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A pleasant surprise to walk into the modern decor. The wood laminate floors are a great idea, and all Hotels should have them! Although there are families placed there by the state, we did not have any problems during our stay. It may help that there is a cop on duty overnight. The only downfall is that you have to pay for internet...

Room Tip: No elevator, so ask for a ground floor room if needed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
GuestRelationsM6, General Manager at Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear bobstay,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 1403 Boston (Tewksbury). It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Carl Terwilliger
Motel 6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover

Been to Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!