“Wash Out”

Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Arrived after a trip down from Maine on a day when heavy, windblown rain was the order of the day. Was put out back in a first floor room that had flooded. I'm guessing that the water had made it's way in under the door. Went to the desk to report the flooding where (Jose') first asked if I wanted another room. To which I jokingly replied I had not brought my life jacket so yes, I would like to relocate please. He then wanted to know if I had done anything to dirty the room and did it need to be cleaned! Well it didn't need a cleaning but it damn sure needed to be dried. Holy Christ are you serious, Jose'? Anyway, got a second floor room that was clean, comfortable and DRY. And that is my story. I have to be down here for a class in September and will most likely try this place again.

Room Tip: The bottom floor room #149 floods in heavy rain. Bring your Kayak or Scuba Gear!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationsM6, General Manager at Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear William L.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 1403 Boston (Tewksbury). I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Carl Terwilliger
Motel 6

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury

Reviewed July 23, 2013

they have new rooms look very nice. but same old staff they don't care at all. twice i stayed this past week 1st night brand new TV did not work at all i was told there was nothing that could be done.the internet they use is the worse I've ever seen. so i came back last night and again in a room looks nice but the TV got 6 stations and was all snowy was told that's the best they can do for me the girl working did not know how to program the TV's so once again i sat there with nothing to do wondering how they could get away with this.

Room Tip: find another place to stay
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Apologies-

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the 1403 Boston (Tewksbury). Exceptional service is what we strive like to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I am sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my most sincere apologies. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problem with our staff in order to prevent a future occurrence.

Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance. We are hopeful that you will present us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Carl Terwilliger
Motel 6
978-851-8677

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am a regular at Motel 6 chain and I have stayed at many of them over the years. This was by far the worst of all. They put me in a room in the back. First thing I noticed was an odor as I opened the door. Well, it was warm and the AC was not on so I turned it on thnking it woudl dispel the odor a bit. TV plug kept falling out of the wall! Internet service was NOT FREE and the guy at the desk didn't bother to ask if I wanted it when I checked in. Then.. a train went by. It was no more than a couple hundered feet from my door.
Okay.. so the guy at the desk offered to let me change rooms...and I thought about it. Then I took off my shoes. The entire carpet was WET. Went near the bathroom and it was SOAKING wet and smelled like the toilet had recently overflowed.
I threw my stuff back in my car and was outa there. Got a full refund and made a huge complaint and headed to the Motel 6 in Vernon CT. That one is very nice!

Room Tip: Wait till this place is totally 'refreshed' or torn down and built over.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is an economy hotel and thats all you will get when you stay here...The room seemed pretty clean with bright comforters on the beds. The bed mattress was definitely in need of replacement as it sagged in the middle. Saw a couple spiders in the bathroom crawling around so maybe its time for some pest control. The motel does have an IHOP next door so that was nice. It's right off exit 38 of
I 495. You have to pay $3 for internet but it did work very well with good connectivity.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

This is a Motel 6, so I did not expect the Ritz experience... But there are limits to what is acceptable: blankets with holes, bedsheets with stains (i prefer not to think what it all could be), underseat of the toilet black with dirt. Would NEVER go again there. Went to other motel 6 during my trip and that was ok, but this one, Run away!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you are looking for a cheap stay for even a few days this motel is surely not worth it! First off walking into the room it had crums everywhere. Also no shampoo and conditioner comes with the motel and the towels are cheap, absorb no water, and are so small they can be mistaken for face towels!!! Beware the people at the front desk hardly speak english. The WIFI is terrible! We had so many problems that caused us to go to the office about 5 times and they told us to call a 800 number wich you were put on hold for 15 minutes to the point where you got nowhere and hung up. Neighbors are very loud it's like the walls are paper thin! The shower had very little pressure you would be better off in the rain!!!! DON"T STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place is deplorable!! I would sleep in a homeless shelter rather than in that disgusting place, I always bring disinfecting wipes when we travel. I AM SOOOO GLAD WE DID on this trip. I wiped streaks of blood off the back of the toilet, toilet handle, the seat, light switch, and the side of the tub. Do they have 2 yr olds cleaning the rooms. How could any adult housekeeper miss all that blood??? There were burn marks all over the side of the tub. Just so sickeningly disgusting. I'm going to call the board of health in Mass. This motel should be shut down. Because of this motel I will NEVER,NEVER stay in another motel 6 anywhere. So if you are planning on going to this area.....BEWARE, and DO NOT stay at MOTEL6!!!!. I just hope we don't get some kind of disease from staying there. I was so grossed out I wouldn't take a shower there. Glad we only stayed 1 night. We got up at 4am and headed back to Pa. YUCK!!!

Room Tip: Go to another motel like Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bonnie214
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford

Been to Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!