“One of my worst experiences!”

Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Tewksbury
goldens Bridge, New York, USA
“One of my worst experiences!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

It appeared OK at first. But, the non-smoking rooms smelled stale and as if it was recently a smoking room. The comforter had cigarette burns in it. We got there late and figured we would just deal with it for a one night stay as the room was clean other than the smell. I booked this one because of the low cost and the pool on site. The pool is being worked on. We were awoken at 4AM from what sounded like a truck outside our door. Turns out the trees outside the door are hiding the train tracks and apparently the Home Depot next door gets a 4AM delivery! It was unreal! When I got out of bed to see what the racket was, I was unpleasantly surprised to realize the carpeting in the WHOLE room was soaked. When we left in the morning it looked as if the field behind the motel was flooded. Hmmm.......the staff tried to tell me it was condensation from the A/C. I think they have drainage issues on the property.

On the up-side the staff was very nice and apologized for everything when I checked out early Sunday morning.

Room Tip: ask for a road facingand upstairs room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank lori8146

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We spent a night here on our way to Rockport ME.
We asked for a non-smoking room: our room reeked of second hand smoke and had an ashtray placed upside down on the bedside table. The bottom of the ashtray had a "no smoking" symbol on it.
The room itself was very basic: clean enough but scratchy towels, thin sheets, no clock, no hairdryer: exactly what you can expect for the price.
Unsavoury people around the hotel.
Train tracks must be very close by since we were awakened in the middle of the night with the sound of a train roaring by.
The motel filled our needs as far as a place to sleep but we would not stay there again nor would we recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DebbieG11

Travelers are raving about these Tewksbury hotels

london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

I have never experienced a more horrendous stay in a hotel in my life. As 2 young females staying in this motel it was a very unnerving experience. Had to move from our first room as the smell of smoke was intoxicating. The room is typical Motel, and recently renovated so room clean enough looking, new carpets. Uncomfortable bed, scrappy small towels and possibly bed bugs were not the worst... we had strange men hammering on the door at 3am leaving us terrified and hotel staff said nothing they could do as couldn't leave reception! Next night we had constant creepy phone calls from another room which meant we had to leave phone off the hook and on the last day the lights stopped working so we had to shower in the dark!! A truly memorable experience but for all the wrong reasons. Very scary motel with dodgy people and useless reception staff!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
5 Thank hayleyx25x
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

I had a minor emergency while traveling to Boston and had to find a hotel quickly, and ended up here for two nights. The staff was friendly enough and I was checked in in no time. Room featured the slightly odd nationwide Motel 6 decor, along with a pretty bad mattress and thin linens. As a single guy, I didn't feel terribly unsafe, but I'm not sure I would want my girlfriend staying here alone. There were abandoned cars on the back of the property, and men loitering outside all day. Despite this, the room was reasonably quiet both nights. I paid for internet access, but the signal was spotty and didn't adequately cover my room, so I was never able to log on. On my second day, my room key card stopped working. They fixed it with no problem, but I've had this happen at other Motel 6's, so I wonder if they disable it intentionally for some reason after the first night. My biggest complain was the HVAC system, which left everything in the room soggy after just a few hours and left my clothes feeling damp and dirty. Otherwise, I had no complaints about the room. Not a horrible experience by any means, but check your expectations at the door.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank ideas8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tewksbury
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover

Been to Motel 6 Boston - Tewksbury? Share your experiences!