“Nice Hotel and Staff, but”

Holiday Inn Taunton - Foxboro Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here for a little over a week for business. I later found out that the hotel provides shelter for displaced families. This caused an issue with the use of hotel computers (often used by the children of long-term guests or the parents looking for employment) and the noise level, in the evenings.

On my floor, there were members of the same family in different rooms and the adults and kids went back and forth between the rooms, every evening. When doing so, they'd use the security latch as a brace for the door to not lock. Every time they'd go in or out of the door, the door would bang against the latch. This would sometimes go on until late into the evening. I complained to the front desk and they would come up and ask them to keep down the travel and the noise, but the quite didn't usually last for long. The next night, the door banging and rise in noise level would start again. I considered changing my room, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of packing up all of my stuff and unpacking it again.

Also, during my stay, one of the kids thought it was a good idea to pull the fire alarm. All guests were awakened by the fire alarm and had to evacuate the hotel. We stood outside in the cold and waited for an "all clear" from the fire department.

The staff was very cordial and the restaurants were also good. During events at the hotel, parking could be an issue. Sometimes, it was necessary to park a distance from the front of the hotel. Parking so far away may not feel like the safest thing for a woman who would need to walk the distance across the sparsely lit parking lot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KennetteR
debaspring, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton - Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to see that you appreciated our hotel and staff, as we take pride in servicing our guests. The items that you have mentioned regarding the guests that were disturbing has been addressed. We look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Rooms were nice and clean. As with most hotels nowadays it seems that walls and floors carry sound quite a bit, but still a solid nights sleep. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Best hotel in the area for us so far.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. Our staff takes pride in receiving high marks in this area. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Deb Spring, Front Office Manager

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently went to a conference and stayed at the Holiday Inn Taunton w/ a fellow work associate. We arrived on time for the early morning 2 day conference and were pleasantly surprised that we could check in early. We were greeted by a staff member in the lobby directing us to the workshop rooms.
The room was clean, comfortable and affordable.
My co-worker enjoyed an affordable dinner at the Copper Fountain Grill; I had a previous commitment out of the area.
In the morning we used our $5.00 coupon for the cost of a satisfying selection of fruit from Ivy's Cafe.
The only problem was with our room key - maintenance needed to come to our room a few times to square the problem away.
I have stayed at this property before, in May of 2012, and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I normally do not frequent Holiday Inns but stayed here because hotels closer to the city were much more expensive. This hotel did a major makeover and aside from the ceiling in the bathroom, the room and lobby were very good. The bed was firmer than I would have liked and you could tell a facelift was completed but I would stay here again. All in all a very good experience.

My only gripe is if Holiday Inn wants to get the business traveler, how about giving guests a complimentary meal? Breakfast is cheap and even economy brands offer something. I received a $5.00 coupon but I still caught a bagel somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Huge king suite was perfect for overnight. Clean and comfortable. Easy check in, we used our rewards points so the stay was free. A good place for stopover. Great shower very refreshing. Comfy bed and pillows. Quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank 2emptynesters2011
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for my son's hockey tournament. Although at first we wondered where we were located as it seemed to be off the beaten path, we found the Dunkin Donuts and Subway to be convenient. Also for $5 day pass we could use the BJ's, but Dollar Store was a better deal.
For the hotel, it was clean and the front desk staff were excellent! The cleaning staff seemed happy, which is rare as they were singing and cleaning. The amenities were fabulous with a great gym, pool and restaurant. The disappointment came with the food and manager(s) of the restaurant. Coming from a restaurant background, I may be more critical than others, but the other parents agreed. One waitress was trying to be helpful, but just didn't seemed trained, the other didn't want to help anyone and the bar waitress was nice but chatting leaving patrons unattended. The mangers were rude, stand offish, seemed as if they had no interest in being there and inconvenienced by the crowd. As I took a walk I saw 1 male manager in a suit jacket with a logo tshirt underneath and the female bar manager out smoking. I had just picked up a to go order of water downed chowder for my son (that took 30 minutes to get) and knew the bar was busy and the wait staff barely able to keep up. The manager in the jacket had just taken a complaint about services and not well. If it was not for the very poorly run restaurant/bar I would have given this place a 5, but can't due to 4 nights of bad service.

Room Tip: There are few rooms with double queen beds, so request them early. Also, no suites as stated on the...