“Peaceful night's sleep”

Holiday Inn Taunton - Foxboro Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel was very quiet, and I am not sure how many other people were staying there. The room was very clean and comfortable with as much daylight as gray, rainy Massachusetts can offer this June. It was very quiet at night, which was good for sleeping.

Internet service was poor. Hotels need to realize that business travelers need reliable, accessible internet service. You don't expect to review a hotel on its hot water. For $150 a night, I expect better. We might have stayed longer but we can't work from here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Only stayed 1 night but it was very good. We had a large room W/fridge and microwave. Beds were very comfortable but pillows were terrible. I wish hotels would invest in some good pillows.They have a great pool and jaccuzi and they are right off Rte 495 w/ easy access to where ever you may want to go in Mass. A breakfast included would be nice but not far from local restaurants.We were here for grandsons graduation and usually stay @ a Hampton but I think I may stay here in the future.

Room Tip: our room was 621 2 queens anh HUGE
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We booked into this H.I. for a one night visit. The room was nice and clean, same with the bath. The bed was comfortable, really nice in fact. The only drawback was no continental breakfast in the AM. We received a voucher for the restaurant, but it still was expensive. Compared to some of the others in the area who did offer complimentary breakfast, the price was better here. Probably for that reason. Wendy's was across the street. Quick cheap meal, and we were on the way.
Another thing, the parking lot is too far away! With a bad hip, it hurt to make the walk.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton - Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear GrammyG6,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were disappointed that we do not have a continental breakfast. We have a full service restaurant with many options for breakfast. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I recently paid a visit to this Holiday INN . I was pleasently greeted and set up with a great room!! Once i entered , I found a clean room and immediatly felt comfortable. Restaurants are nearby. Theres a HUGE gym there , with an olympic size pool, hot tub and huge locker room. To make a long story short , I slept like a baby!! Oh yea , theres a nice restaurant in the hotel !!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here with a group for several days. I was very impressed with this facility because we have stayed at other Holiday Inns in the past that do not even compare. The jewel of this Holiday Inn in the staff. Very friendly, very accomodating and clearly making an effort to make you feel welcome. The staff is better than most 5 star hotels I have been too. Seriously. The rooms were very clean and fresh. The restaurant quality was average to above average but the wait staff made the experience great.

I would go out of my way to sat here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank gdf
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had planned a trip to the Cape, but the Hotel, The Cape Coder didn't allow children as "day guests" to use their pool during February Vacation... not very nice, but... So, we decided to stay locally at the Holiday Inn to use their pool. I went in and checked in for a room, and when the woman at the desk realized that we were just there to use the pool so the kids could have some fun, she discounted the room from 119.00 to 75.00 (on her own initiative) telling me that she could save me that money by just charging me the "day rate". The pool was open until 10pm and there was no rush for us to leave. The receptionist was very polite and understanding of our situation after I told her of our disappointment with the other hotel. The ONLY thing that I didn't like about this hotel was that in order for us to go into the pool, which was just off the lobby, we were told that we "must" go through the "Health Club" and check in to the pool there, and that the males must then go through the men's locker room to access the pool and the females through the female locker room. At first, although it seemed just a bit of an inconvenience to have to walk around the hotel to get into a pool that had access right from the lobby, it was even more "concerning" having to walk through the men's locker room, (while I had several small children with me), and we were forced to expose the children to seeing SEVERAL naked old men just standing around in the locker/shower areas. It was a very uncomfortable situation. Other than that, we had a great time at the pool, the kids were in the water for several hours and when we went up to the room to eat, change and prepare to leave, the room itself was very clean and comfortable. (by the way, we left the pool area through the emergency exits rather that expose the kids to the men's locker room again.). All in all, the hotel was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly... the woman in the Health Spa even brought out extra towels for the kids to warm up with.

Room Tip: your free choice of two twin beds or two queen size beds
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JAMESBOWEN
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Polite staff, beautiful room. Pool is large with lane dividers. Large whirlpool all indoor. Cozy bed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
Hampton Inn Raynham-Taunton
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Raynham

Been to Holiday Inn Taunton - Foxboro Area? Share your experiences!