Tripadvisor
Swansea
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews pancake machine bagels hot breakfast king bed mini fridge new england walmart
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020

Needed a place to stay near Warwick, RI and this is just a few miles... great hotel for an Express - good breakfast - bacon, eggs, sausage and a pancake machine. Very organized, people were very accommodating and the rooms were great - bed was more along the lines of one of a higher end Marriott or Weston beds. Bath was large, micro and fridge - don't recall seeing a safe. But it is sort of in the nowhere - there is a small town just a few minutes down the road with a few stores - at least a grocery and Walmart - we did not explore further because we were going back over to Warwick, but the stay was very nice and would stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed October 7, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this motel October 4th and 5th to attend a wedding in Bristol RI. The room we entered had a stained sheet. The sheet was changed. During that time at this Holiday Inn we experienced no notificatiction of fire alarms being tested on the 4th in the afternoon. The person in the hallway indicated that the fire alarms were being checked.
On the 5th as we were returned from an early day in Bristol at Colt State Park with family the elevator was not working. I have a handicap plate for my vechile and needed to use the stair way to the third floor...not knowing I should request a handicap room on the 1st floor. The 1st floor was still under renovation so I assumed the elevator would be working. Arriving in the room I went to take a shower.....NO HOT WATER!!!!
Leaving for the wedding I reported the problems to the front desk and a desk clerk cheerfully said " Enjoy the wedding. We'll take care of this for you." Elevator worked after returing from the wedding. On the next morning the hot water in faucet did not work for 3+ minutes so did not try the shower. Checking out the clerk had no knowledge of the evening before and there was no compensation.
Try this place after the renovations are complete.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2019

Hi Adventurer200760,

Thank you for trusting us for your travel needs.

I'm sorry to learn about your experience from your recent visit. We want all our guests stay to be trouble-free, but fell short this time. Good to know that our staff did their best in resolving your concerns during your stay. I would like to look into this further, and have sent you a private message to get more information. Your review is important to us and will help our hotel to host a better stay next time you visit the area.

I hope for your usual prompt response!

Glad to help,

Virgil N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 2, 2019

We stayed here for one night on a trip to New England. I didn't realize that this hotel was under construction when making the reservation. This hotel sits out by itself, and is about 1-2 miles away from restaurants and shopping. We had reserved a king room, but those rooms had not been updated, so we were place in a two-queen room on the second floor, which had already been updated. Somewhat! The bathtub was still the original tub, and was not in great shape. There was also mold around the bathroom ceiling and in the air conditioner following renovation. The shower was nice with lots of pressure, however some better ventilation would be wonderful in the bathroom. There was one washer and one dryer. It was located on the 2nd floor and was only $1/load. Breakfast was just ok. They were of of orange juice. There was sausage, omelets, turkey sausage, cinnamon roll, muffins, pancakes, cereal and breads. Until all renovations are complete, I think I would pass on this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019

We didn’t realize the property was under so much renovation when we made reservations. I’m sure when all is done, it will be beautiful. The front desk clerk was professional and patient even though the line was long and due to the construction, they could only accommodate one staff.

Our room was spacious. Poor lighting and lukewarm water at best. I’m hoping our room hasn’t been fully upgraded but am not sure. TV smaller than space warrants. Internet spotty; difficult to reach all parts of 3rd floor. Good when works. Plenty of outlets. Potential for more so may be worth a second look.

Date of stay: June 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Hi Cynthia P,

I am elated you chose us for your recent trip. It is wonderful to know you appreciate our professional front desk staff, room spacious and good outlets.

It is with regret to learn of your guest experience and I am sorry about the lapses in the poor lighting, room amenities, and internet service. We are committed to efficient and flawless hotel encounter, I can imagine the challenges you had to go through. We'd like to change your impression of us and show you we care, I shared your comments to the upper management and involved team for review.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I do hope that you will reconsider us once renovations are over. We'd like to restore your confidence in us.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 21, 2019

We booked this hotel because of the close proximity to Roger Williams for my daughters college orientation. The building is a total mess. Our room was dated. The shower handle broke off and water turned on slightly but not Hot. The AC did not function either. We would not have booked here if we knew it was under Construction.

Date of stay: June 2019