I stayed at this hotel because it was close to home and my husband and son were away and I don't like to stay alone at night. For the amount of sleep I got, I could have stayed at home. First, I used a cart to get my stuff in because I am handicapped and am on oxygen. The stupid cart wheels were all over the place and I couldn't move them. I am right in front of the hotel desk when I am trying to move the cart and slam my shoulder into this big huge 8ft tall urn. I told the hotel clerk the cart was a piece of #$%^ but said sarcastically to her "I'm fine, thanks for asking". I call the front desk the first time and no one answered. The second time, Nicole answered I asked her if she was the one at the front desk who saw me wipe out my shoulder. She said yes. I told her that it wasn't very hospitable to not ask me if I was okay. She said she thought I just hit my foot. Either way, I then asked for a Manager and she said she was alone and that she guessed she was the manager. I told her I would call the manager in the morning. About 10 pm, I couldn't take it any more and my body hurt so bad from the bed being so firm. I called Nicole and asked her if they had any pillow tops for the bed. No, I didn't need any additional pillows (help please) and told her never mind. I had the great idea to use the cushions from the pullout couch. That worked until 1:30 am. I couldn't move, I was so sore. I then thought I had an even greater idea by using the mattress from the pullout sofa and putting it on top of the King sized bed. I opened the sofa which had a white sheet on it and you would not believe what I saw on that sheet. Wrappers, stains, brown stains (yes, it appeared so) and I was so grossed out. I made it back to bed with waking every hour until 5 am and getting my butt out of there without daring to go for the complimentary breakfast.
I have stayed in many hotels and I would rate this one one of the worst.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Swansea, MA near PVD Enjoy thoughtful amenities and superior service at our choice hotel in Swansea, Massachusetts. Our prime Swansea, Massachusetts lodging is just 15 miles from the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth. Swansea is situated in the heart of the northeast, and visitors are sure to appreciate the New England charm that surrounds our hotel in Swansea, Massachusetts. Families will enjoy our convenient access to several Swansea and Providence attractions, which include various beaches, downtown Swansea shopping, Battleship Cove, the Whaling Museum, and Blithewood Mansion and Gardens. Nearby colleges include Providence College, Roger Williams, Brown and Johnson and Wales Universities. Business travelers are sure to enjoy our hotel in Swansea, Massachusetts, too. We are located near several prominent businesses like Lightolier, Cardinal Health, Brayton Point Power and Fall Fiver Industrial Park. We are proud to offer premium business amenities, which include free high-speed wireless Internet access, a business center with copy, fax and shipping services and much more. Don't be disappointed by another Swansea hotel, instead enjoy your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. Take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast bar, fitness center and pool. Book your reservations today for our great Swansea hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Swansea
- Holiday Inn Swansea