“I'll never go there again.”
Review of Kent's Restaurant

Kent's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1983, we offer fresh seafood and hand cut steaks as well as great appetizers and drinks. Clamboils and clam cakes and chowder are available year round. Our casual atmosphere is the perfect place for friends to meet for great food!
“I'll never go there again.”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Baked seafood fantasy is a $30.00 plate says it has crab flakes but really 80% of it was IMITATION CRAB MEAT! Also only had 2 lobster claws,2 shrimp,2 small pieces of fish, and 2 scallops. Definitely not worth $30.00! Bourbon tips came with 5 tips 3 onion rings and overcooked rice pilaf that taste like fish. Service was terrible waited 50 mins for our meals. Will never return

• Visited July 2014

Boston, MA
“Great Local Eatery!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Super friendly local restaurant with affordable prices, big portions, and a good variety to choose from on their menu. We ate there 2 nights because it was convenient to the hotel and the food and service was excellent. Nothing fancy but a good assortment of dishes that included seafood, chicken, beef and Italian Specialties.

Visited June 2014
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Not much to it.”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We had driven from Maine to Swansea and arrived hungry. I had been talking with my friend, Leo, about some clam cakes and Rhode Island Red Chowder. That what we ordered for starters, but it wasn't what we expected. The chowder was watery with sufficient clams, onions and potatoes and insufficient spice. The clam cakes were sparsely populated with clam fragments. It wasn't what I remembered from Rocky Point. Leo had some braised short ribs that he didn't finish. It was a bit dry. My fried sole was fine. The waitress was prompt and efficient. If the chowder had been up to the standard I expected, it would have rated the restaurant higher, but I won't be back.

• Visited April 2014
Fall River, Massachusetts
“Good meal for a good price”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were a party of six...a birthday get together. everyone in the party enjoyed their meals. I ordered the baked scrod which was wonderful. I also had the liberty of sampling a beef tip, fried scallop and fried smelts.....all were exceptional. If one is looking for a certain ambiance, then Kent's may not be for you. If one is looking for a good meal at a good price then one should consider Kent's.

• Visited March 2014
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Great Beef Tips”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Went to Kent's today with my wife. I had the soup of the day it is what I call hamburger soup, excellent. Entrees were for me the beef tips marinated in bourbon very good tender and cooked rare the way I like them. My wife had the sea food platter the clams were small, she like the big bellies, the entire sea food platter was excellent and we had food to take home. Fresh bread at the table nice and hot service was good. i found the the price was high but it was worth the price.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Kent's Restaurant? Share your experiences!