“Why isn't there more people eating here!”
Review of Kent's Restaurant

Kent's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1983, we offer fresh seafood and hand cut steaks as well as great appetizers and drinks. Clamboils and clam cakes and chowder are available year round. Our casual atmosphere is the perfect place for friends to meet for great food!
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my 2nd time eating here and again I wasn't disappointed! The food was hot and didn't take very long to come out. The staff are friendly and prices reasonable. The only think ill change has nothing to do with the food but the atmosphere could us some help and can come off as a little dark, but overall the food makes up for this. If your in the area treat yourself to the best food in the area by far!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not all the bells and whistles, but what great food! The price is very good and the food can't be beat. The waitress was a riot and we can't wait to return.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The Fish & Chips, Fried Clams, White Chowder and Clam Cakes were all very good. The others in my party have been here before but it was my first and we all agreed the food was very good. Fried clams were lightly battered and the fish was done just right with flaky pieces of Cod fish in a light batter. Some of the prices were a bit high but the service was quick and courteous and Kent's will be on my list for lunch next time I'm in this area.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a very basic restaurant with formica tables and no attempt at ambiance. The menu specializes in seafood and steaks. We ordered steamers, lobster roll,and grilled swordfish. All were very overcooked. Clam fritters (which they call clam cakes) did not have one single piece of clam in them. Side dishes were tasteless.

There aren't any other restaurants in Swansea so it would be a good idea to plan accordingly.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friend and I had identical meals, as we often do, and we both enjoyed ourselves. We went early on Sunday and had short ribs of beef. The meat was fork tender, boneless and absolutely delicious. I have never had this dish in a restaurant before, so this was a nice introduction. Fortunately, we ordered the "gravy" on the side. It was pure salt bouillon. That and the canned green beans were the only shortcomings. The mash potatoes were "real" and tasty, the bread was forgettable since I cannot remember it! We also had baked french onion soup that was also delicious, loaded with onions, the customary crouton and cheese. We split a dessert of strawberry cheesecake; and that, too, was delicious.
This restaurant is in the Dine Out book, so we spent very little and had food to take home as well. We end our meal with a cup of very good coffee, had we been offered a warm up, it would have been a perfect ending. Otherwise, the service was very good and prompt. I am looking forward to visiting again.

Been to Kent's Restaurant? Share your experiences!