“An elegant hideaway in Swampscott”

Paradiso Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradiso Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Swampscott
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burrill
Transit: Commuter rail station
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This lovely Italian restaurant is just a few steps away from the Swampscott railway station. On a rainy and chilly night, we nestled into the back dining room with its high-backed benches, and savored our food. Appetizers were superb: a mound of perfectly sauteed calamari with a spicy sauce and a bowl brimful of pasta e fagioli soup that was almost a meal in itself. Oddly, it wasn't on the menu--glad I asked if they offered soup! On to the entrees: fusilli with chicken, artichokes, wild mushrooms, spinach and red peppers, plus ravioli with homemade tomato sauce and cheese. We divided a rich home-made chocolate pudding accompanied by ice cream and whipped cream. Only comment on our entrees: they needed a bit more "spicing up." A few drops of pepper sauce did the trick, and our server graciously brought it to us. Will definitely return. The homemade pasta is sensational.

1  Thank annie279

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We recently took friends to this small Italian restaurant and as usual it was a great value. Most of us had one of the specials with a rolled veal stuffed along with fresh fusilli (?) and their home made red sauce. In the north end of Boston you'd be paying $30 for this meal...but here it was around $20. The staff as always was great at making you feel at home...not a gourmet restaurant delivery...but even better as it matches the true warmth of the establishment. We sat in the bar area as I like the upbeat and lively conversation although for a quieter evening you would probably want to reserve the dining room. Accept for not having grilled vegetables I thought we were eating in Trastevere section near the Vatican in Rome.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I own a small italian restaurant and am very very fussy about italian food. This is the only place where I will order red sauce! It is sooo good. Their homemade pasta is delicious, the servings are generous and the service is outstanding!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We went early so we could make it to a later movie. There were already a number of groups but the atmosphere was a little less hectic than it can be at prime time. We had a lovely and attentive waitress who had time to explain and discuss the options. The meals were all wonderful. Being on a diet (again), I had the sea bass that was seasoned and cooked to perfection and they were pleasant about switching the vegetables for me. We have been there many times and the food is always good... but I really enjoyed the quieter feel of the place going early. Does that mean I'm getting old????

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Paradiso restaurant has to be the best authentic Italian food I have had in a long time. Forget about the north end and head over to the north shore in swampscott a must try! I had there calamari steak in a lemon sauce it was so good I am still craving it. My friend had the paper thin eggplant with homemade pasta. My husband got the veal parm that was so tender and the tomato sauce was just like my mom used to make unforgettable.