“softball weekend” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Newington, Connecticut
“softball weekend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here for two nights last weekend. Afternoon staff when I checked in was pleasant and worked with me as far as my communication skills goes (hearing impaired). She wrote everything down for me so I would be able to understand. Yes, the main lobby does smell as stated in the previous review. Did not get to eat breakfast. I encountered two big white German Shepherds that were not on a leash but were chilling outside with their owner, no bother to me whatsoever although I did keep my distance. I stayed in the back building and yes it smell too. I stayed in a smoking room so the smell in the smoking room is to be expected. My bathroom light over the skin was broken and when I went back to my hotel room after my event the next day, it was fixed. For a smoking hotel and their price... it's pretty standard and I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jbaker0815

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
long island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

i have been to this hotel once before. Love the hotel, nice and clean and fairly quiet and dog friendly. If you ask them to drop the pet fee, they will drop the pet fee. Last time i was there I encountered two big white shepherds loose on the property with no owner in sight. I complained to the hotel owner. I was assured that it would not be a problem ever again. So i just stayed there this past weekend. I encountered these same two white shepherds again. I was alone in the parking lot and the dogs clearly wanted to bite me. i was no where near any avenue of escape. Far from my room and far from my car because i was at the end of the property. I started to yell for help and I stood very still. The two big shepherds continued to growl and threaten me. After a couple minutes, the owner showed up. The owners of these two dogs are frequent guests of this hotel and never never have the dogs on leash. Nor is the owner outside with the dogs while the dogs freely roam the property. I hate to give up this hotel. But so be it. Never again.

Room Tip: North end is away from dog walk area. Be ware of loose white shepherds roaming property
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Marion H
Rindge, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The title pretty much says it all. The room had ample space and contained a king bed and a couch. Little odd to find no coffee pot in room like most hotels. The room was clean and a good value. I will stay there in the future when I am in that area. I did not try the continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property previously and were satisfied with our stay. We were in the "front" motel style building. The room was spacious and well appointed. This stay, we were placed in the "back" hotel style building. The Lobby smells like stale cigarette smoke and the carpet is worn and appears dirty. Our room is cramped, the carpet wrinkled and worn. There is no bathtub only a shower! We turned on the vent in the bathroom and got cigarette smoke smell. This is NOT the place you want to stay. Breakfast is served in the main Lobby in the middle of the "front" building. There is no entrance from the "back" building to that location. We must walk around one end or the other end of the "front" building to get there. There is no sidewalk or weather cover for most of that walk, just the driveway. VERY DISAPPOINTIED we are.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank avapoint

Travelers are raving about these Sutton hotels

Berkshire, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Econo lodge in Sutton, Mass. Not bad for the money, No frills. Basically clean, just a bit out dated. Only a few little things that need attention. Shower curtain not big enough for shower,you can see the water damage on the bathroom door from past showers.The Bed was horrible.I have to say the divider in the highway is a pain, depending on which way you want to go. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank racechaser62
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Thank you, Econolodge for the wonderfull Hospitality, Hoping I can come back again, but it will be difficult due to lack of Money.. I miss you guys, you treated me like a family.
The breakfast was delicious and great quality.
The wifi was perfect..
I was a student in 1974 and I came back to see all my friends..This will be the second time staying here., 2011 and Sept 2012.. I stayed for 15 days.
I was so sad I had to leave. God, thank you and Thank you General Managers for the pleasant stay... I will miss you guys..

Room Tip: Easy access from freeways.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Clean, comfortable, and helpful staff. Called at last minute for a room and got it at a reasonable price. Handicapped room was in back, second building. It is spacious with both a work station table and chair and eating area with two more chairs. Kitchenette had full-sized frig and micro and a counter-top burners. For allergy-sufferers(me), A/C was clean and mold-free. With windows that actually open, felt I could stay here for a week easily. Oh, and did I mention the BEDS ARE TERRIFIC?

Room Tip: Handicapped room in the back building was very quiet with a woodsy view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
#2 of 5 in Auburn
Econolodge Inn & Suites
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Northborough

Been to Econo Lodge Sutton? Share your experiences!