“Great salads”

Sudbury Coffee Works
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Sudbury
Cuisines: American, Deli, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Sudbury Coffee Works is a retail gourmet coffee shop and cafe, founded in 1995. We are located in the town of Sudbury, Massachusetts, approximately 25 miles northwest of Boston. Over the years we have developed a loyal and enthusiastic "family" of customers. Along with our premium coffees, we have a cafe and we offer carry-out and catering services. All of the coffee beans we use have been roasted on the premises. Our large and majestic coffee roaster was imported from France. It has a stainless steel vent that rises up two stories within the shop. It is bright red - an imposing presence! The roaster lives in the retail section of the store; everyone enjoys the sight, the sounds, and the delicious aroma of the roasting process. More than 15 wooden barrels of coffee beans are on display, holding coffee from various countries that is available for purchase. You will also find some valuable information on the Coffee Talk Page. Our cafe features a mural depicting a lush Columbian coffee plantation, and charming hand-painted tables. Here we offer delicious light meals and, of course, our wonderful coffees, as well as other beverages. Please see our Menu. You may dine in comfort with us, or contact us for carry-out orders.
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Sudbury Coffee Works has the best salads. The salads are very fresh and delicious. The salads are well worth the 20 minute drive (one way) to get one at lunch time.

Daniel K, Owner at Sudbury Coffee Works, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Thanks Patti! We all appreciate that. We try hard to distinguish ourselves from the "chains" by using all fresh made in house food.

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

A great local spot, great atmosphere, great food. But if your in a hurry sorry it's not a quick in & out.
The food is incredible & coffee is good. Coffee there is too many varieties so not an expert in this.
I will stop by again as I love local spots.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

Is this what coffee is supposed to taste like? I'm devastated! This coffee doesn't taste burnt at all. In fact, the fresh roasted beans that are set out for you to see are a rich mahogany in color. Allegedly this is the ideal color of coffee beans but I wouldn't know a thing about that.

I was also disappointed to see the many varieties and custom flavors of coffee. It made deciding what to order difficult opposed to my usual stop with limited choices.

My real issue here though is I'll have to travel a bit to get this coffee again since it's not in my area.

In all seriousness, it's great quality coffee with a massive variety of great flavors. If you are a coffee snob then please take the time to visit. You will not be disappointed.

Daniel K, Owner at Sudbury Coffee Works, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you found us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

Huge coffee selection. HUGE. The coffee is good and so are the sandwiches. Everything is fresh. Great menu, great specials. Lots of options. The place is definitely very clean.

Cons: Not a place to go to if you are trying to be in and out of there quickly on your way to work. Typically about a 15 minute event for a latte and English muffin. It will be a great latte, but you will certainly be late for work.

Also, there are about three cashiers. Big mystery whether we should stand in one line or three. I haven't quite figured it out yet. Neither have the other customers. Everyday is different.

Employees smile to the customers they already know.

1  Thank Jackeline M
Reviewed April 26, 2016

Went here for lunch yesterday and could barely get in as the place was packed.
Food is very good and their coffee is ground and made on location and you can buy the beans to take home.
Sandwiches and soups available and also some pastries and muffins. Bagels were delicious as were the soup and sandwiches my wife and I had. Unfortunately they only have a handful of tables so you might have trouble getting one at lunch time. They also have WiFi.
Great place for coffee and a muffin or soup and a sandwich.

Daniel K, Owner at Sudbury Coffee Works, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this and for visiting my shop. Look forward to seeing you again soon.