“Nice date restaurant”

Bullfinch's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bullfinch's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Sudbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining here on Valentine's Day after researching many of the restaurants in the area, we decided on Bullfinch's. They did not disappoint. The food was incredible and we both enjoyed our meals. My companion had the pecan crusted chicken with dijon mustard. It was really tasty. I had the chicken with the pumpkin tortellini, also delicious. I thought the tortellini was a bit overpowered by the cream sauce, but it was still good. We both want to make a return visit. It is a bit of a drive mid-way between 495 and 128. Plenty of parking, accessible. The atmosphere was nice. If you ask ahead for a romantic spot by the window, you will get something nice.

1  Thank Genny164
There are newer reviews for Bullfinch's Restaurant

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This used to be one of our regular spots while we were waiting for our house to be built and given a free evening we chose to drive back to our past. We were not disappointed. The service was incredible. I wish I had got our waitresses name, she was pleasant and attentive, but not overbearing! Giving us space and time to enjoy our date!

I had the leek and potato soup, followed by a warm apple salad. My entree was the steak frittes. It was perfectly cooked. The soup was wonderful, the salad plate filled and warm with melted cheese and the medium rare was exactly that! Huge portion of wonderful french fries and an after dinner drink ( bullfinches coffee ) that brought back such memories .

I tasted my husband's gnocci and it was light and the cheese sauce was so flavorful I nearly swapped, but my soup was too good to give up! His salmon was lovely and again he had more than enough had he wanted to share ! ( he didn't ) LOL. He indulged in Bread Pudding for dessert and we went home totally content.

It's not often a place lives up to your dreams and Bullfinches did.
Thanks for the memories Bullfinches, we will be back!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We ate here early December. Service was slow but there were a lot of Xmas parties going on so we could understand that. However, the food was pretty mediocre. My wife and her friend both had steak frites. They got a petite one which was supposed to be a small filet. It was a regular filet cut horizontally in half which was about 3/4" thick and quite overcooked. My friend and I got just OK meals. Very disappointing as we have been happy before.

1  Thank Richard S
lj23Mass, Owner at Bullfinch's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

We were sorry to read of your experience the other night. Thank you for your feedback. We strive to make our restaurant better every day. We would like to make it up to you somehow. If you would like you could call any day but Wednesday or Thursday.
Scott Richardson

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have dined here often and each time are extremely pleased with the service, ambiance and quality of food. Last night was no exception and our waiter, Tim, was very attentive. Like another reviewer, we also did a cooking school at Bullfinch's earlier in the year and, much to my wife's relief, it didn't involve any cooking, but listening to the chef discuss cooking technique and preparing an outstanding filet for us. For non cooks, it is fun and a good deal. We did it without the wine pairings but next time, perhaps with.

Another nice feature is that many entrees can be had as small or regular sizes. For my wife, the smaller filet with fries was perfect last night while I had the full size chicken entree. The salads were also excellent as was the hot fudge sundae that three of us shared.

1  Thank Tom F
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I got a night at the Bullfinch cooking school for my birthday. I took my mom with me and we thoroughly enjoyed everything. I definitely recommend this for the Foodies in your life.