“Amazing lunch buffet!”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Amazing lunch buffet!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place is a hidden gem! Their lunch buffet is to die for! They had 3 different types of soup, salad, a few appetizers, a ton of entrees, and a rice pudding dessert. The naan is made to order and brought to your table hot and fresh from the oven. The mango lassi was very tasty. What puts this place above and beyond all of the other local Indian buffet's is their tandoori chicken; it is amazing! The drumsticks are huge, flavorful, and cooked perfectly. A lot of times tandoori chicken is overcooked and dry but Soul of India has perfected the art of cooking their chicken! Definitely worth the trip and very affordable!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Justin H

Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I received a gift certificate for Soul of India, so I took my family to dinner (husband and two teenagers). I have been to another Indian restaurant once in the past and thought it was good, but this dinner was excellent! Restaurant is small, but decor is very nice and extremely clean. There is a nice bar area with a TV and tables, which I viewed as we passed through to the dining room. Around 8PM they dimmed the lights, which set a nice evening glow throughout the restaurant. All the servers were so nice and the Manager took a personal interest in every table coming around to check on us throughout the night. We were not sure what to order, so the manager asked each family member what they liked and gave us personal recommendations. Everything he suggested was perfect and cooked exactly to the spicy, hot level requested. I like my curry mild - my dish was mild, but filled with flavor and delicious. We ordered an appetizer platter which gave us a little taste of many different items on the menu.

Everything down to the dessert was very healthy tasting and not greasy. I have since found out that this restaurant is highly regarded as the most authentic and delicious Indian food around Metrowest by many people in the area. I thought price was moderate. In total, we ordered two alcoholic beverages, two nonalcoholic beverages, two appetizers, four main dishes and one dessert for the table and it came to $120. We probably didn't need four main dishes - two or three would have been enough - but it gave us an opportunity to bring home great leftovers for the next day. The whole family really enjoyed everything and we will definitely come back to enjoy Soul of India again soon!.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lucia K
US
“Biryani the way it was meant to be cooked and served!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A group of 7 of us went to try out Soul of India. The food was very good, interesting twists like the biryani being baked under a layer of dough, the real authentic way of preparing biryani. Both the chicken and seafood biryani's were excellent! The goan chicken curry was a crowd pleaser as well as the paneer tikka masala. The service was attentive, we were served a round of chickpea fritters, compliments of the chef, they were light and tasty. The owner Jay was very warm and likeable and brought out free dessert for the table for my birthday! what a surprise! Will definitely go back again.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious Indian!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Had tried Pongol II but couldn't get a table and didn't want to wait forever.

Soul of India was amazing! We had delivery of vegetable samosas, lamb samosas, and chicken jalfrezi. So delicious and seemed healthy too, very little grease and oil.

Next time will try to go in person!

Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Good replacement for Pongol II”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

So if you don't know or didn't guess by my title, the Soul of India is a new indian restaurant in Sudbury that occupies the small space that previously held the Pongol II. Co-workers and I used to visit the old place for the lunch buffet, but then it closed and we didn't know what was going to happen to it.

Well, what happened to it was that it re-opened, I'm guessing with new ownership and management. The name changed, but the interior space is basically completely unchanged. This is good or bad depending on your view; it's a fairly small place, but has nice seating and is clean - not some cheesy lunch place. But there are only a handful of tables, and I imagine getting seated at night might be tough at times. However, I've only been there at lunch with some co-workers.

Basically they have a lunch menu and a buffet, the latter of which is what we all had. Again, its almost exactly what the Pongol offered - several large chafing dishes of entrees, some meats, some vegetable dishes, a soup, etc. When you get the buffet ($12 or $13 I think) they also bring complementary Naan.

We really liked the buffet, and felt it's slightly better than what the Pongol had in terms of quality and taste. Everyone at the table liked what they had. I'd definitely recommend you try this place if in the area.

BTW - they do have a bar space in front. I didn't specifically look, but assume they serve alcohol?

• Visited March 2013