Fairfield Inn Boston Sudbury(Sudbury)(Great Value!)
$129
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

Inn On The Horse Farm(Sudbury)(Great Value!)
$167
$167
$159
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

$112
$104
$139
$134
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

$144
$139
$137
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$89
$80
$169
$162
Hotels.com
$78
$68
All reviewsgrist millcorn muffinshistoric restaurantscrodbutternut squash raviolifife and drumwide planknext morningcommon roomboston post roadguest roomsan overnight staysitting roomhenry fordtavernwadsworthreproduction
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My daughters and I were so looking forward to a nice meal on a Sunday afternoon. The reviews were so positive we really thought we would be delighted. The breads were good but that was it. First the soups. The onion soup: the broth was good but smelled of bouillon, but the cheese on the bread was hard as a rock and unedible, like it had been microwaved to death. And it was almost cold! The clam chowder was flour based if you like that. I expected real cream at this esteemed location. The chicken pot pie was horrible, again not hot, the "flaky" crust was hard and had the texture of a one-inch cracker. The chicken was not tender and the broth was again floury and blah. The lamb which I got was tender and flavorful, but it was not hot, even though it was brought to our table with covers. I could not cut the meat with the table knife and when I received the steak knife I had to ask for it was still a struggle. We all felt like the food had been prepared days ago and microwaved to warm it up. We tried the sherbert and ice cream, both which seemed of poor quality. I have been all over this country and Europe, eaten at incredible sites, always pleased. The pleasantness of the Wayside Inn site demands a better product and better trained waitresses. We were never offered water refills, if one should even have to have it offered. Never will we go there again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MEF611
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We were lucky enough to stay 2 nights at this inn, set in the beautiful Massachusetts countryside. I booked one of the rooms in the oldest part of the inn without realizing what that would mean. Climbing up the steep steps to the very small, dark landing and then stepping into a room with the ceiling about 3 inches over my head was my undoing. I was claustrophobic and terrified in this room. Thankfully, the wonderful staff in the lobby completely understood and found us another room in the newer part of the inn. Eric even helped bring our bags to the new room so I didn't have to go back into the first one. The second room was very nice, and we enjoyed staying in this inn. The water pressure in the shower was almost non-existent and the water went from very hot to very cold. The experience of staying at a historic inn is worth the lack of a good shower. There is an interesting museum in the inn, a grist mill on the property, and lovely flower gardens. The restaurant is outstanding. I am not sure this would be a place for small children, but everyone else who likes historic properties would enjoy their stay here.

Room Tip: If you are claustrophobic, don't stay in the oldest rooms. They are very nice, but the ceiling is very low.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lemon60
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have been staying at the Wayside Inn for many years, every time I visit the Boston area.
I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else since it is so close to everything, a wonderful
'Historic Country Inn', great food, good prices, what else can I say.

Room Tip: The newer rooms are just fine,
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank David E
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My parent's brought me here for lunch before a trip to the Louisa Alcott home. I thought the New England Clam Chowda and Lobster Roll were great, but what I liked best was the ambience. To think of all the people who have been through here, including me. Very serene atmosphere around the grounds, interesting just to walk around to the old schoolhouse (Mary Had A Little Lamb) and the mill. Old North Bridge not too far away...you could spend a day going back in time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We celebrated our future son-in-law's breakfast this morning at the Wayside Inn. It's been a favorite family celebration venue for over 30 years but this was our first brunch.

The brunch was wonderful. Every item was fresh and the and the service was excellent. Our favorite dishes included the prime rib, stuffed grey sole, the omlettes, and the best banana bread pudding we have ever tasted.

The bloody mary's were a little pricey at $7.50, but it was fun to prepare our own at the bloody mary bar. We certainly got our money's worth ($25.00/person) from the buffet.

We will definitely continue to celebrate special occasions at the Wayside Inn with brunch as our new option.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family