“The mattress was hard, the décor was ancient as was the tv...”
Review of Super 8 Sturbridge

Super 8 Sturbridge
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We pulled in on a 96 degree day at 8 pm to find the AC off in our room. It took several hours to cool down to a reasonable temperature. The larger problem, however, is that we have no hot water. When I inquired at the front desk I was told it takes a while to heat up. I informed the clerk that we had taken three showers, so the water had run for 45 minutes and only got colder. The clerk gave a vague we will look into it but no real apology and seemed not concerned that we were not happy. I asked for a manager, but there is none to be found. The room is very clean and the location is convenient but the customer service is severely lacking.

• Stayed July 2013
Kozlo, Manager at Super 8 Sturbridge, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I am extremely sorry for the lack of concern our staff gave you. This is definitely not how we operate. Unfortunately, one of our heaters broke during the night. We tried to get it repaired asap. Being a small motel, we do not have 24 hour maintenance and tried the best we could with the resources we had. It is true that you should have never walked into a warm room on such a hot, humid day. Our housekeeping staff failed to pay attention to their list and I apologise for that. If yu are willing to give us another try, I promise you that your next stay will be much improved.
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was my second time staying in this hotel. The first time was uneventful. On my second stay, there were spiders throughout the room and dozens of spiders webs, crawling with spiders, covering the long lights on the patio. Gross. I didn't even stay the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kozlo, Manager at Super 8 Sturbridge, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Wow, I'm terribly sorry your second visit with us was so terrible. I can't imagine what room you could've had to have been infested like that. But I'm not saying it can't happen. Strange things do happen at and unfortunately it happened during your stay. I certainly wouldn't want to stay in a room like that either. I can assure you that the issue was well taken care of.
Sudbury, Ontario
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here when travelling back to Canada from Saint John NB and was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, economical and a good location with a lot of options for shopping and eating. Also had a good breakfast included in the price.

Room Tip: Booked into a smoking room by mistake, it was very dirty and smelly when moved into proper non-smoki...