Super 8 Sturbridge
Scottish Inn Sturbridge(Sturbridge)(Great Value!)
$125
$144
$129
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sturbridge(Sturbridge)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
$110
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges(Sturbridge)(Great Value!)
$134
$169
Sturbridge Host
$150
$81
All reviewsscrambled eggs and sausageroom was cleanhardwood floorspleasant surpriseold sturbridge villagewaffle makeroff the highwaymake your own wafflescontinental breakfastyogurtstay there againmini fridgeview of the lakebrimfield antique showfirst floorconvenient locationone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013

After reading the reviews for this motel, I expected better.
We had already unpacked and freshened up when I turn down the bed. The bottom sheet had "marks" on it and there was hair - long and shorties. A call to the desk said that we could be moved, but as it was rather late & we had unpacked, I asked for the sheets to be changed. At that late hour, no house keeping was available and I opted to change the sheets myself. Thankfully, the clerk on duty delivered the sheets to our room, because walking around at night was difficult. The outside light for our isolated room was out and if I choose to drive to the front desk I would be walking across ice and snow to get back to our car. [The next morning in daylight I found a connecting stairway that brought me to the front of the motel without having to drive around the block.]

Now to be fair, the rest of the room seemed to be in good condition, the clerks were pleasant, breakfast was fine, and the proximity to the main roads were good for us to continue our trip home.

Our room was isolated because I made the mistake of booking on Expedia instead of calling the motel directly [which would have been cheaper]. Since I originally asked Expedia for a king-sized bed, the clerk was reluctant to change the reservation, and the room we were given was way in the back [room 105] overlooking the lake which would have been lovely in mild weather but was desolate in winter. Room 105 must not be used often, now, because it took a couple of hours to heat up.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Kozlo, Manager at Super 8 Sturbridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your review of our Super 8. I apologize for the problem you had with the sheets. Unfortunately, booking through a pre-paid 3rd party limits our clerks to amend your reservation. It's true we do not rent out the poolside rooms during winter unless we're sold out in front of our non-smoking king beds. I appreciate your comments about our staff and will share your comments with them. I hope this incident will not defray you from giving us another chance the next time you're in the Sturbridge area.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were in town just for the night as my son was playing in a tournment the next day so we did not need anything fancy. This place was perfect. Though the carpet and tv were a bit outdated, I found that the important things were there. The beds and bathroom were clean, and I slept well which is unusual for me as I do not sleep well when not in my own bed. The continental breakfast started early (6:00 am) which we needed as we had to be out of there by 7:00. It was small but enough to get us going (english muffins, waffles, juice, coffee). Don't expect yogurt or eggs but for the price you pay, your stay should be more than enough. The staff was very helpful as well when I needed directions to the sports facility. Would definately go back if scheduled to play in the area again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Kozlo, Manager at Super 8 Sturbridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. We have been upgrading our rooms to help make our guests stay more comfortable, it's a slow process but it's getting done room by room. We do offer yogurt. It's nestled away next to our exclusive Super 8 Cinnamon Rolls. We hope to serve you again the next time you visit the Sturbridge area.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Kozlo, Manager at Super 8 Sturbridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Reviewed December 26, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Kozlo, Manager at Super 8 Sturbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Reviewed December 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Kozlo, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Sturbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012