“Clean Stay, Poor Rewards”
Review of Super 8 Sturbridge

Super 8 Sturbridge
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Fullerton, California
“Clean Stay, Poor Rewards”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have stayed here many times and each time I have been pleased with the accommodations, staff and cost. I always request a room adjacent to the water and the staff is happy to oblige. There are several good dining options within walking distance that run the gammut from fast food to sit down. The Oxtail Tavern and TJ O'Briens are both good bets for full service eating.

The convenience is the main reason I contiunue to stay here--but down side is the horrible Wyndham Rewards program. It is by far the poorest of all the reward programs offered by any major hotel chain. Your points automatically expire after 4 years and there is no way to go on-line and find out how old are your points and when they might "vanish".

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Rob M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My wife and have stayed here many times on our way to and from Florida. It's located just off I-84 at the junction of the Mass Pike. Yes, there are better accommodations in Stockbridge, however if you are looking for a clean room at a reasonable rate the Super 8 fits the bill. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are spacious, and the bathrooms are modern and clean. The adequate morning breakfast gets you on your way in the morning. Good dollar value here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Norway, Maine
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Super 8 last Friday (March 30, 2012) with our three teenage children. The outside of the motel seemed freshly painted and attractive. The room was clean with a great view of the river. The continental breakfast the next morning was substantial. The price was very fair. Best, too, was the close proximity to Old Sturbridge Village which we all loved. Thanks to all for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Palatka, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Let me start by saying the staff when we checked in were VERY nice. Check out could care less.

I stayed here about 5 years ago and it was very nice. I do not know if it has changed hands..or they no longer care.

Rooms are VERY outdated and sparse. Bathroom someone had been ill, and some of it was still on the floor and up on the tub on the outside.

Had some sort of leak under the carpet....Check out staff could have cared less.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mel0dyP
Goshen, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We booked the King Hot Tub Suite for a romantic night away. We got there at 3pm to check in, but no one was at the desk. We waited several minutes before I headed outside to see if I could track someone down. I approached one of the cleaning ladies, and she told me she would call someone to come down immediately. Soon, a young man appeared and checked us in. He wasn't very apologetic, and my first impression of the motel was not an impressive one.

Thankfully things got a lot better from there- we had room 108, at the very end of building, and we were truly impressed! It was a very nice looking suite and the whirlpool jacuzzi was wonderful. We relaxed in it for hours, and got the romantic getaway that we were looking for.

The bed was very comfortable and large (king size). The best sleep I had in weeks!

The continental breakfast the next morning was nothing to write home about, but it was decent. The make-your-own waffles was the best part.

Overall, a great time, but as I said, the service left a little to be desired. Not having someone at the desk at check-in seemed a little strange...if I didn't have a reservation, I may have walked away right then and there.

Room Tip: Room 108 is a beautiful king hot tub suite, and we didn't hear any noise from the road.