“The food is awesome ...” 5 of 5 bubbles

B.T.'s Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: B.T.'S Smokehouse is a dry-rubbed and slow-smoked barbecue restaurant located in the downtown section of Sturbridge, Massachusetts. Owner and Head Chef Brian Treitman is committed to delivering the very best barbecue to Massachusetts and beyond. Focusing on Southern-style cuisine, the menu offers natural grass-fed beef, chicken, pork, and other meats that have been dry rubbed and slow smoked for up to 24 hours with local apple and hickory woods. In addition to standard barbecue fare, the restaurant also offers more unusual entrees such as smoked salmon, chili made with brisket meat, and smoked turkey and chicken. We are also BYOB, so grab your favorite 6 pack on your way in. B.T.'S has won numerous awards since opening its doors, including the New England Regional Chili Cookoff and placing in the Top Ten Barbecue Restaurants in New England, and the Boston Globe named B.T.'S one of the "ten best places to bask in barbecue".
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“The food is awesome ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

My son and daughter-in-law had a barbecue yesterday as they celebrated a pre-baby party. We offered to pick up the food and were very impressed with the restaurant. The staff was very helpful as they packed up lots of chicken thighs, chicken wings, ribs, mac and cheese and more. The food was hot and freshly packed; it was also excellent!!! It was a great choice for the party but not only that, we will certainly stop there to eat the next time we are in the Sturbridge area. We will also find a reason to be in the area to go to B.T.'s Smokehouse. If you are in the area, please stop - you won't be sorry.

Brockton
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I had heard about this restaurant and was fortunate to have been in the area to try it out. The pulled pork was amazing, the dry rubbed wings were great and the ribs were excellent! Never been so happy to take leftovers!

Pleasantville, New York
“Good Food & Quick Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband & I stopped here for a quick lunch. We each had a regular sized pulled pork sandwich & split a coleslaw. Both were very tasty and were served quickly. The sandwich was good sized, the meat falling out of the bun.

If you are travelling on I-84 and are in the Sturbridge area and want a quick, delicious meal that's not too pricey, this is the place to go. It is a short distance from I-84 on Route 20 East.

“Great smoked BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've had the brisket rueben, pulled pork burrito, spare ribs, and St. Louis ribs. All were delicious and the sides are great too. BYOB policy with a beer selling convenience store next door. It's casual; order at the counter and wait for your name to be called. There's outdoor seating, but its a noisy view of a busy road.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Newmarket, New Hampshire
“Okay, but not as magical as I'd hoped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to love this place. The reviews got me excited, and I held off my hunger all through Sturbridge Village... but it was just okay. I got the pulled pork platter, cucumber salad, and potato salad. The pork was fine, though a little fattier than I prefer (not that melt-in-your-mouth way; this was chewy). The cuke salad was great. The potato salad just wasn't my style, but wasn't bad. The service was very good--I was there early, so there was no line and my meal was put together as I ordered it. I do wish they had taken a second to point out where everything was--forks, for example. And I didn't know the sauce situation. I saw some bottles on a high counter top in the center of the joint. I poured the sauce directly on my meat. Later, I saw a guy go over to a different counter, by the register, and get a cup and fill it up with sauce. So I probably looked like an animal, dousing straight from the bottle. Oops. So overall, the people were nice and the food was fine. But I think I'd try out someplace different next time I'm in town.

Visited May 2014