“Hidden Gem”

B.T.'s Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: B.T.'S Smokehouse is a dry-rubbed and slow-smoked barbecue restaurant located in the downtown section of Sturbridge, Massachusetts. Owner and Head Chef Brian Treitman is committed to delivering the very best barbecue to Massachusetts and beyond. Focusing on Southern-style cuisine, the menu offers natural grass-fed beef, chicken, pork, and other meats that have been dry rubbed and slow smoked for up to 24 hours with local apple and hickory woods. In addition to standard barbecue fare, the restaurant also offers more unusual entrees such as smoked salmon, chili made with brisket meat, and smoked turkey and chicken. We are also BYOB, so grab your favorite 6 pack on your way in. B.T.'S has won numerous awards since opening its doors, including the New England Regional Chili Cookoff and placing in the Top Ten Barbecue Restaurants in New England, and the Boston Globe named B.T.'S one of the "ten best places to bask in barbecue".
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My wife and I were driving from Albany back to Scituate and wanted to try something different along the way. Looked up eateries in Sturbridge area and what a find!

Ribs/Brisket/ and pulled pork were all perfect and cornbread nice and tender, not too dry.

Definitely making our way back there when ever we had that direction!

There are newer reviews for B.T.'s Smokehouse

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I didn't know what to expect, but was disappointed. Loud and noisy with crying tots, heavy food that didn't sit well.

1  Thank terryw678
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Awesome just awesome ... Smoked heaven... They know how to do it all perfectly... I had the brisket Reuben and I am planning my next trips here to try the rest if the menu..took home home beef ribs
The pulled pork , smoked turkey, salmon and Fried chicken looked amazing
Go- you must try this place!!!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We happened upon this Southern-style restaurant through Yelp. It gave good reviews so we thought we'd check it out. As soon as we entered the place, it had that "down South BBQ" aroma. We ordered the BBQ brisket, and St. Louis Ribs (for me) and my husband ordered the brisket & pork. It came with 2 sides and cornbread. I loved the brisket - I think it's some of the best I ever had but beware - there is fat attached but just don't eat it. The ribs had a dry rub and sauce was available in 3 different flavors. I found the ribs to be overcooked and not very moist so that was disappointing. The two sides I chose was the dirty rice and coleslaw. I would definitely go back but just order a double order of the brisket. It's a good place for some "down South barbeque" with a Carolina flavor.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This place is the best! Hands down!
I have traveled all over for BBQ and nothing compares to BTs. Nothing better in CT or MA.