“Best Easter Dinner I've ever had”
Review of B.T.'s Smokehouse

B.T.'s Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: B.T.'S Smokehouse is a dry-rubbed and slow-smoked barbecue restaurant located in the downtown section of Sturbridge, Massachusetts. Owner and Head Chef Brian Treitman is committed to delivering the very best barbecue to Massachusetts and beyond. Focusing on Southern-style cuisine, the menu offers natural grass-fed beef, chicken, pork, and other meats that have been dry rubbed and slow smoked for up to 24 hours with local apple and hickory woods. In addition to standard barbecue fare, the restaurant also offers more unusual entrees such as smoked salmon, chili made with brisket meat, and smoked turkey and chicken. We are also BYOB, so grab your favorite 6 pack on your way in. B.T.'S has won numerous awards since opening its doors, including the New England Regional Chili Cookoff and placing in the Top Ten Barbecue Restaurants in New England, and the Boston Globe named B.T.'S one of the "ten best places to bask in barbecue".
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Great. Everything was great. The brisket was awesome, hush puppies and we ordered Mac and chess for the kids, only to steal it from them because it was the best Mac and cheese I've ever had in my 31 years on this earth.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We ended up here after being ignored in the nearby Friendlies, and we were so glad we stopped by! The food was delicious - the pulled pork and baked beans were to die for - and the staff were warm and welcoming. It's not a restaurant technically, as you order your food at the counter like in a fast food place...but don't be put off by this. The relaxed, authentic feel to the place and the quality of the food is enough to make it one not to miss.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Be prepared to wait in line around meal times but the food is with the wait. Meats are tender and flavorful. Dirty rice and hush puppies are delicious. Try the brisket burrito -- enough for two!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have stopped here before when traveling through. Good BBQ for the area, not great but good. Today we pulled in the the expanded parking lot was packed. I went in to order while my husband stayed with the car. IT TOOK ME 45 min. to order! What??? I received the food in 5 minuets to go. They don't have a parking problem here, they have an order problem. The cashier taking the order was like talking to a tree. The whole order process is slow, slow slow. No feedback from the tree at the cash register, just a stare. Must be an absentee owner, I can't see how the service here is so bad when you just take orders at the register. It is not getting the order out, it is taking the order that was torture. Menu is confusing, and there are no prices listed on the blackboard. Not sure if I will come here again, only if I see only a few cars in the parking lot. Too bad because the BBQ is decent for this area of the country. And, there isn't any table service. Just ordering at the register and it was this bad.

3  Thank Susan M
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I ate here with a colleague twice last week for lunch. I had the pulled pork with beans and blacked-eyed peas during one sitting and the Reuben Brisket Sandwich during the other sitting. My colleague ordered the beef brisket meal both times. The pulled pork was excellent. It was soft and you could tell it had been cooked for hours before it was served. The Reuben came with coleslaw on it. You receive large portions, so the value is excellent here. There are four different sizes for sandwiches and meals. The sandwiches do not comes with anything but the meals come with a choice of two sides. They allow you to bring your own alcohol into the place and drink it on the premises but they do not sell alcohol. This worked fine because there is a convenience store right next to the smokehouse. There was a line both times we came and it took about 10 minutes to order our meals. However, we only waited about 5 minutes to be served each time. One policy that disappointed us was that they will not give out tap water. If you want water then you have to buy bottled water or seltzer water.