“Best in the area.”

Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
“Best in the area.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

we were there for 2 nights in February. The 3'rd floor was the first to be upgraded and it was extremely well done. The room was a mini suite king. The bedding presentation was the best I've ever seen. House keeping was flawless.
they had just opened a new breakfast buffet room and it was well staffed and the food was fresh and above average.
They entire hotel staff were gracious and friendly.

Room Tip: Try the third floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dick6922

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our home is undergoing renovations, and we had our 3 princess grand children for the weekend. We opted to spend the weekend at the Sturbridge Comfort Inn which had a new indoor pool and hot tub. We found, in spite of ongoing renovations that all open areas were extremely clean and well kept. The 3 princesses, aged 8, 6 & 3, spent the better part of our stay in the pool or hot tub. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful and quite often offered suggestions helping us to keep our charges busy. When leaving time arrived 3 sad customers pled to stay one more night. I give this place an excellent rating in all catagories.

Room Tip: At this time the 3rd floor rooms are newly renovated, with the second floor now in progress.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Walked in without a res on 1/18 (Sat. night). It must be a brand new Comfort Inn or close to being new. Absolutely spotless, clean, and the nicest Comfort Inn I have stayed in. It was right off the exit and easy to reach. There's a Cracker Barrel in the front parking lot and new gas station/convenience store too. So you don't need to drive to get to a restaurant of fill up on fuel. The front desk girl was nice and professional. From the front desk, you can see the indoor pool which looked nice. Only a 3rd floor room was available due to not having a res, so no big deal. However, when I got off the elevator there must have been 15 5-year olds with a few adults taking over the hallway near the elevator. I blew it off, until 5 minutes later when I needed to take the elevator to get something out of my car. The parents and kids, who were loud took over the elevator and I couldn't get down, so I took the stairs. Not a big deal, but next store to my very clean, comfortable and spacious room, a mother allowed her kids to scream and carry on until about 10pm. Huge banging and thuds were heard for several hours. It was as though the mother allowed these kids to slam themselves ageist the wall and bounce off....extremely discourteous and rude on her part. She also allowed them to run in the hallway while she spoke in a loud voice to them, acting as though she was in her own home. They started again at 730am waking me up, when one of the kids thought it would be cute to grab my door handle. Other than the discourteous mother and I'll-behaved children, I would stay here again. Coffee and breakfast was included. They did charge me for the safe even though I told the girl when checking in that I was not going to use it, and I did not initial the form about using the safe. The girl said no problem, we'll adjust it. I called the front desk in the morning, after looking at the bill slipped under my door with a safe charge,and stated that I was charged for the use of the safe. The woman was condescending on the phone and said that I have to tell them. I said that I had upon checking in. She said it didn't matter if I told the girl, it's automatically charged even if you don't initial it. I was, in fact, stating it a second time that I didn't use it. Her condescending tone resulted in me simply hanging up on her. Do unto others as they do onto you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TrueReview10
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Clean. Nice room. Nice pool. Fast easy check in and check out. OK breakfast. Conveniently located. All at a great price. No complaints at all. Would recommend and stay there again. Nice breakfast although nothing fancy. Comfortable beds. Flat screen TV with lots of channels. Good water pressure and hot water.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Plymouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a few nights while attending a horse show in Springfield; it was definitely worth the added drive. The grounds were well maintained; the staff was friendly and professional; our room was clean and comfortable and included a small refrigerator and microwave; and the complimentary breakfast included a decent choice of items. I even found safe food for my daughter with gluten issues.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Comfort Inn is easy on/off the highway. The desk staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The complimentary hot breakfast includes eggs and sausage and/or bacon. We have been to this hotel many times in the past few years and have had consistently wonderful service here. We've tried other, more expensive places, but this is by far the best. It's the only place we stay when visiting the Sturbridge area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

New Marlborough MA
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We recently spent one night here. Our room was very large and comfortable, and very clean. My husband enjoyed the salt water pool. Breakfast was very good for a free hotel breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Hampton Inn Sturbridge
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#13 of 14 in Sturbridge

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial? Share your experiences!