“Great place, very satisfied!!”

Days Inn Sturbridge
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Queens, New York
“Great place, very satisfied!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I see some reviewers giving negative comments but honestly, don't know why. I stayed there in October of 2010 on the way back from a concert in NH. I was very happy overall. Staff was homey, courteous and personable. The place itself was beautiful and spotless (and it's set away in a cute little alcove in the woods, the room was clean, cool and very quaint, stocked, the lobby welcoming. Was impressed with the complimentary breakfast downstairs. The price was quite reasonable for a place of this level. I would write the negatives, but there were none, I felt very accommodated and would definitely return here!! Oh and P.S., pets are welcome there, for those who need...

-M.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I had such a bad experience with the staff and manager that I just want others to beware! I had to cancel my reservations due to circumstances beyond my control. I called the day of the reservation and was told by several staff that I would have to call back because the manager was not available. Finally after several attempts I was told that the manager left a message that they would not credit my bill because of a 24 hr cancelation policy. I even called the main headquarters and they agreed that I should not be charged for the room but that it was up to the manager of that motel. The manager Lisa did not even have the courtesy to call me back. This took place on a Saturday and I was told she wouldnt be in till Thursday. When I called her on Thursday she would not give me the credit. This women had no heart to say the least. Dont stay at this hotel, they dont deserve your business!

Stayed August 2010
1 Thank paulagail2k2

Travelers are raving about these Sturbridge hotels

Houston
Reviewed August 14, 2010

The hotel could be updated and cleaner, but it is fine for a stay while "traveling through". The breakfast had more options than expected and the mattresses were comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful when I needed a document printed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Maine
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed here in July for the Brimfield Antiques Show. Had a hard time finding the motel, as it is tucked behind a big gas station/truck stop. The front desk staff was somewhat stand offish. Rooms were clean and had a nice little mini kitchen area, which is great for people staying more than 1 night and/or people with kids. Motel was quiet and had a nice pool area, however the pool was quite dirty. Had alot of "stuff" that had accumulated on the bottom and really needed to be cleaned. Breakfast was pretty good. Once we got our bearings, it was easy to get to some great restaurants, shops, etc. All in all, it was a good place to stay and we would probably stay here again if we were in Sturbridge!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank RhinoMaine
rochester,ny
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My daughter and I stayed here for one night in August 2010. The first room they gave us reeked of urine - I opened the door of the room and was overwhelmed. It was on the third floor, I believe. The hotel allows pets, but supposedly only on the first floor. We didn't even go in. The girl at the desk then gave us another room which had also had issues. We walked in and the room hadn't been serviced since the previous guest checked out. The beds were unmade and the bathroom was a mess. The poor girl at the desk was horrified. She physically checked the third room before giving us the key. It was fine. It was on the second floor - one of the business traveler rooms. All in all, we were satisfied, and as unacceptable as the first two rooms were, perhaps it was a fluke. Maybe they were short on housekeeping staff that day - who knows? I find it hard to believe that they would have problems like this all the time. The rest of the hotel seemed clean and orderly. I'm just glad they had a clean room for us.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I have been staying at the Travelodge 1-2 nights a week for several weeks. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful and the room is a good value for the money. Having said this, there are several areas that need to be addressed:
1. The internet is painfully slow so, as a business person who needs to work at night from my hotel room, this puts a serious cramp in my ability to get things done. Hotel management says that they are working on it, but there is no commitment for when it will be fixed. Average internet speed was 5Mbps.
2. The cleaning staff needs to be trained on how to keep a room clean. I found that the counters were not clean (sticky spots) and found matted hair in the bed.
3. Breakfast is served late and, although the hotel advertises breakfast at 7:00 a.m., it is usually at least 7:15 before the food is put out. Also, they were out of cereal for a couple of days because "their delivery did not arrive".

I have communicated these issues to the management and they have been very responsive. The hotel cleaning staff has been retrained and observed, and the breakfast staff are now starting earlier to make sure that breakfast is ready by 7:00 a.m. They say that the internet will be fixed but have not given a time frame for completion. We'll see what happens on my next stay.

It is not a bad hotel for the $'s being spent, but there are nicer (although more expensive) hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank optechs
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed here on business for almost two weeks. While I was pleased with the weekly rate I received, the hotel is in need of improvement in some areas. First, the wireless internet service does not work much of the time. The management is supposed to be taking care of this. Also, there are several items in need of repair (exercise equipment, ice machine, grounds need attention.) Overall the staff is friendly and competent, the hotel is quiet and fairly clean. I liked the suite design with a kitchenette, living area convenient for working, and comfortable bed. Would recommend for a brief stay but extended stay and/or business travelers need to be aware of the concerns.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Sturbridge
Hampton Inn Sturbridge
#4 of 14 in Sturbridge
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Sturbridge? Share your experiences!