“Wow BAD customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Sturbridge

Days Inn Sturbridge
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Sturbridge
West Virginia
“Wow BAD customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

We checked in for 3 nights, booked on Expedia. No internet service when we arrived and they tried to get it fixed. When they could not we went to check out and they charged us for 2 nights even though we only stayed for one. The young "boy" employee they had working at the desk had the worst attitude and should not be in customer service. Working on getting our $ back through Expedia, but wow, be careful. They are hurting for business, there were only 2 cars in the parking lot and I guess this is how they get their $ by charging people for a room they are not staying in. Also did not clean the room, and hard to control the heat.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

Stayed here overnight whilst driving around New England, so that we could vsit Old Sturbridge village. We found it ideal for what we wanted! Good price for clean room and plentiful,complimentary breakfast. (The lady who filled up the containers even checked we had enough to eat!)
There was a small issue - the key couldn't be made to work for our room - but this was sorted by the young man on the front desk by moving us to the room next door.
What was best was that as we were about to go out to eat for the evening, he gave us directions to a really good place to eat. It was one of the best meals of our holioday! Not right next door, but about 10-15 mins drive. Well worth it!
The hotel was very convenient to the freeway for travellers and not too far from the village- which was very well worth visiting.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveller2148
Queens, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

I see some reviewers giving negative comments but honestly, don't know why. I stayed there in October of 2010 on the way back from a concert in NH. I was very happy overall. Staff was homey, courteous and personable. The place itself was beautiful and spotless (and it's set away in a cute little alcove in the woods, the room was clean, cool and very quaint, stocked, the lobby welcoming. Was impressed with the complimentary breakfast downstairs. The price was quite reasonable for a place of this level. I would write the negatives, but there were none, I felt very accommodated and would definitely return here!! Oh and P.S., pets are welcome there, for those who need...

-M.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
East Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

I had such a bad experience with the staff and manager that I just want others to beware! I had to cancel my reservations due to circumstances beyond my control. I called the day of the reservation and was told by several staff that I would have to call back because the manager was not available. Finally after several attempts I was told that the manager left a message that they would not credit my bill because of a 24 hr cancelation policy. I even called the main headquarters and they agreed that I should not be charged for the room but that it was up to the manager of that motel. The manager Lisa did not even have the courtesy to call me back. This took place on a Saturday and I was told she wouldnt be in till Thursday. When I called her on Thursday she would not give me the credit. This women had no heart to say the least. Dont stay at this hotel, they dont deserve your business!

Stayed August 2010
1 Thank paulagail2k2

Travelers are raving about these Sturbridge hotels

Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

The hotel could be updated and cleaner, but it is fine for a stay while "traveling through". The breakfast had more options than expected and the mattresses were comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful when I needed a document printed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed here in July for the Brimfield Antiques Show. Had a hard time finding the motel, as it is tucked behind a big gas station/truck stop. The front desk staff was somewhat stand offish. Rooms were clean and had a nice little mini kitchen area, which is great for people staying more than 1 night and/or people with kids. Motel was quiet and had a nice pool area, however the pool was quite dirty. Had alot of "stuff" that had accumulated on the bottom and really needed to be cleaned. Breakfast was pretty good. Once we got our bearings, it was easy to get to some great restaurants, shops, etc. All in all, it was a good place to stay and we would probably stay here again if we were in Sturbridge!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RhinoMaine
rochester,ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

My daughter and I stayed here for one night in August 2010. The first room they gave us reeked of urine - I opened the door of the room and was overwhelmed. It was on the third floor, I believe. The hotel allows pets, but supposedly only on the first floor. We didn't even go in. The girl at the desk then gave us another room which had also had issues. We walked in and the room hadn't been serviced since the previous guest checked out. The beds were unmade and the bathroom was a mess. The poor girl at the desk was horrified. She physically checked the third room before giving us the key. It was fine. It was on the second floor - one of the business traveler rooms. All in all, we were satisfied, and as unacceptable as the first two rooms were, perhaps it was a fluke. Maybe they were short on housekeeping staff that day - who knows? I find it hard to believe that they would have problems like this all the time. The rest of the hotel seemed clean and orderly. I'm just glad they had a clean room for us.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Sturbridge
#4 of 13 in Sturbridge
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Sturbridge? Share your experiences!