“Almost Perfect”

Cedar Street Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Street Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 20
Description: A lively American bistro with a menu that encourages sharing, exploration and the celebration of food. American specialties with a unique flair on the standards.
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Almost Perfect”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Actually, a 4.5. Evening started at bar, where we ordered a decent bottle of wine ($38) and sampled some of the very unique microbrews. Service was outstanding, friendly, and efficient, even though the place was packed.

Proceeded to dinner. Apps were reasonably priced ($8-12). We ordered the bacon wrapped dates, stuffed with goat cheese. These were heavenly. Several folks in our party ordered entrees, some went with a couple more apps. The short ribs were outstanding. The lamb shank was particularly good, as it was actually crisped under the broiler prior to serving, providing for a delicious carmelized exterior. I had the panzenella salad ($12), which was excellent and the pork belly app. The latter was I bit disappointing, did not taste very fresh. This is the only reason I'm not rating a five.

We will definitely be back when in the area. Our dining experience was outstanding, with excellent service and unique offerings.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank EB0R

• Finnish first
Valhalla, New York
“Sometimes Change is a Good Thing”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I were very disappointed when the old Cedar Street closed its doors. Then heard that it had been sold and would be closed for an extended period of time for renovations. Although we were happy that someone had taken it over, we were skeptical about this 'new' restaurant since we had eaten so many memorable meals in the old Cedar Street. Were we ever surprised when we had an even better dining experience. Not only did we love the cozy look of the new interior but the changes to the menu were terrific. The menu now includes many small plate items in addition to full entrees. For example, my husband enjoyed a complete dinner of hanger steak with sides while I was thrilled with my salad and lobster sliders. As for the quality....it's better than ever. The service is still top notch....not surprising since our waitress has been there since the old owner opened his door. This was one change that we're glad the new owners didn't make. She recognized us and made us feel right at home. What could be better than that!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank ContessaValhalla
Portsmouth, NH
“On the path”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place to stop on the way to / from NYC from Maine or New Hampshire. Conveniently located near the highway. We enjoyed our salad and fish tacos very much. The cheesy grits were not as good (tasted like it had sweet cream in it). Good beer selection. Great spot.

• Visited October 2013
Hampden, Massachusetts
“perfect for drinks/ app”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stopped in to get a gift certificate on a Friday night and decided to have a drink at the bar.
Also had an excellent appetizer, Brussels sprout ...

Visited October 2013
1 Thank kingcrd
Atlanta
“Best of Sturbridge”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I like to eat in the bar since I am always alone when I visit. The staff and other patrons are very friendly. The staff is very knowledgeable of the menu, which is surprising, and the local craft beers they offer. My favorite place in Sturbridge.

• Visited October 2013