“Covenient location”

Cedar Street Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Street Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 20
Description: A lively American bistro with a menu that encourages sharing, exploration and the celebration of food. American specialties with a unique flair on the standards.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Covenient location”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Located right off Route 20, near Sturbridge Village, this was a great spot to rendezvous with my friends from Mass. and Conn. The restaurant is an attractive place with both tables and booths. The food was good. My turkey sandwich was generous but had so much butter on the bread that my fingers were greasy. The desserts, made on the premises, were a highlight. My party sampled three--blueberry bread pudding, espresso gelato, and hazelnut mousse--all of which were delicious. Since this was an annual get-together, we occupied the table for a long time, but the wait staff made no attempt to rush us, which we appreciated.

• Visited January 2013

• Finnish first
Southbridge, Massachusetts
“Nice but nothing special”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I stooped in to try the place with high expectations. Overall, our rating is "average". We had two teas, a glass of milk, Swordfish Skewers and Pork Chop and started with Coconut Shrimp. Total with tax and tip was $72.00. The pork and swordfish was the most tender I have ever tasted but it lacked taste. The shrimp was so-so. The risotto was very good as was the sweet potato. The service was very good and the ambiance was very nice but that was set off somewhat by the choice of music in the background. It was rock & roll played not to loudly but did not go with the ambiance of the place. I have a friend who went previously and he thought it was very good but for my wife and I, our curiosity is sated and we do not plan to return.

• Visited January 2013
boston, ma
“Great spot...nice food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I had been to the old cedar street restaurant a few times and think this new Grille version is much better. For starters the atmosphere is crisp and fresh. Great color tone, nice tables and booths. The bar area is inviting and I would think a nice place for a drink at night. I met a friend here for lunch and we enjoyed all our choices. She had the grill cheese special and I had the monte cristo. Both are clearly heavy sandwiches but they were not greasy. Go for the sweet potato fries! Oh and the mocha dessert is worth the extra minutes at the gym!

Huntington, New York
“Great for Sturbridge”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Cedar Street. I liked the small plates selection and the filet mignon, hanger steak and salmon were delicious. Nice wine and drink selection too. Our only complaint was that the food came out all at once even though we ordered some tapas, such as the fried goat cheese as apps. All in all very good for the area and we would absolutely come back again.

• Visited December 2012
“A Tasty Time Out”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is my new favorite restaurant! The food here is consistently the best I've ever had. I have to get the Calamari every time I go there, and everything else I've tried from the steaks to salmon have been equally as impressive. Just what every busy Mom deserves!!! Great atmosphere and wonderful drink selection.

1 Thank DionneA