“WOW!!! What a Pleasant Surprise”

Publick House Historic Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Publick House Historic Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I went to Publick house with a party of 4 on a Monday evening. We were seated immediately. Man, what a cool place to have a restaurant. Our waitress was great and provided excellent service. I ordered the Caesar Salad and appetizer size of the lobster mac and cheese. The prices were reasonable and the dinner breads brought out to the table before the meal were so good. You have to try the pecan sticky bread. I recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank TopShelfTequila

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I was apprehensive going to historic restaurant, thinking of tired food, slow service, set in a historic setting and nothing else. Well, our visit proved that a well managed restaurant can last through many generations. Yes, the inn is old but it is well maintained, at least for the restaurants and other public areas (we did not stay overnight). Our group of six went for the classics - turkey dinner, cod, shepherds pie, and chicken pot pie. All were rated outstanding, though one individual thought the shepherd's pie could have had more seasoning. (He did use a fair amount of salt and pepper to season his food.) The entrees are ample and many diners could end up with a take home package. I went for the full meal (an extra $8 to add a salad and dessert). The maple vinaigrette dressing for the salad was great but the meal ended with the special dessert of the day - blue berry pie. Now this was not an ordinary blue berry compote pie, but a pie stuffed with whole blue berries. Oh, it was fabulous; I'm reliving the joy of the eating as I write this. We went for a late lunch in the middle of the week so had excellent service and dined in the comfortable historic dining room. An easy drive from Boston or Hartford for those looking for a wonderful meal.

2  Thank NeedSher
Reviewed August 13, 2014

First thing is that the chairs are upholstered and comfortable and I've always liked that. Their onion soup is the best, lots of calories but I can't resist it. Then, their lobster rolls are really good if they have them. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. But overall their American menu is good for a pub and I definitely recommend it. Since it's in a hotel it can be randomly crowded depending on luck. They also have an outdoor patio which is good depending obviously on the season and weather.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Please note this review is only for the brunch buffet. We have been here often for the brunch buffet and enjoyed it very much. The buffet has a wide variety of items. It is a good value.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Best breakfast ever! PS all you can eat bacon! The breakfast was awesome and the rooms where great and you have a great view from the deck