“Weekend getaway”

Dining options: Breakfast
East Haven, Connecticut
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Food was very good and reasonably priced. Service was quick and efficient. Nice cozy feel to the restaurant. I would definitely return

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Good Food, Good Price”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a nice little place with good food and decent prices. The seating is compact but it makes it feel more like home. They also sell cakes and other yummy things to take away. A friend introduced me to this fabulous place and my two experiences here were positive.

Visited April 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
“Nothing healthy here - pure heavy country cooking.”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have eaten at Annie's three times now. The first two times I had great difficulty choosing something to eat as everything there is either fried or has meat in it. (I am a vegetarian but do eat beef and fish occasionally.)

The only fish offered was a Fish and Chips. HUGE portion, bland bland bland fish. No seasoning, just battered and fried. The french fries were pretty much all I ate that time.

Second time I ordered a Grilled Cheese and fries.

Everyone else in the restaurant was calming eating huge orders of heart-stopping, cholesterol-laden food. Annie's offers no applesauce, raw vegetables excepting sliced tomatoes. Their salads are all iceberg lettuce.

On my third visit, I was trying to find something to order which would not make me sick to my stomach. As I was asking the (very nice) server about some other options she laughed loudly and said "Honey, you're not goin' to find any healthy food in this place!".

Excellent, friendly staff. Couldn't be nicer.

Just don't know why someone would want to eat here when you could go close by to the Cracker Barrel in Sturbridge and have a much larger and healthier selection of "country cooking".

• Visited December 2013
Ludlow, Massachusetts
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

It used to be better but they still make a damned good omelet I prefer the Western with peppers ham and cheese its to die for.

• Visited January 2014
Glastonbury
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You'll have to wait 20 minutes to order out grill isnt clean from breakfast”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I took my 95 year old mother out for lunch/breakfast @ 11:20 we were seated. I asked if they were still serving breakfast and they said no that we missed it by a half hour. I said that was ok and could we see a menu and were told we couldnt place an order for 20 minutes at least because they were still cooking a LATE Breakfast for another party in the corner. So i asked if they could serve any of the specials that were on the menu and they told me NO not till the grill was clean. They had meatloaf on the menu so i didnt think this diner type restaurant would have to cook that to order and certainly the mashed potatoes must be done that they offer. Then I asked if there was any food that was ready that we could have and again were told NO we had to wait for the grill to be cleaned..One server asked the hostess when we could order and she shrugged her shoulders and to her i"m not exactly sure..With that I suggested they put a closed sign on the door for the next 20 minutes till they COULD serve people. This little place has forgotton what serving the PUBLIC is all about. My suggestion to anyone is to stay away from this place from 11am till 12 pm until they can CLEAN THEIR GRILL so they can accomadate the people that TRY AND EAT there. AMAZING..i'm a local person here ..I ll be sure to spread the word and a former manager of one of the landmark restaruants here in Sturbridge..

• Visited December 2013