“Sturbridge seafood is terrible.”
Review of Sturbridge Seafood

Sturbridge Seafood
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sturbridge Seafood is offers a variety of creatively prepared dishes from sea and land featuring the freshest seafood the area has to offer. Our menu changes almost daily to reflect what is available. From award-winning chowder to shared plates to entrees there is something for everyone. We have 14 taps of craft and American brews, over 20 wines by the glass and artisan as well as classic cocktails that change with the whim of our bar staff. We are excited to add our unique culinary perspective to the Sturbridge, MA restaurant scene!
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Sturbridge seafood is terrible. When you arrive the tables are set with wine glasses. Before you are seated or ask you what you'd like to drink these are whisked away and your water is served in mason jars. The waitress didn't write down our order and brought us the wrong order. Everyone who came in after us got their order before us. We witnessed 2 other people being brought the wrong order, and it is a small place. Warning if you sit at a table near the bar you will be crowded by other people waiting for a table to open up. There is no salt or pepper on the table. If you'd like some you have to ask for it. They do put a small bowl of flavorless chips on the table, no dip or salt though. There were children climbing in the benches, running around, and pushing their chairs across the floor. I really just wanted to pay for the drink and leave. When the food finally did arrive it was a disappointment. I got the blackened sword fish and it lacked flavor and was dried out. The blackened part came from charring not seasoning. Imaging morning leftovers hash browns with a handful of peas, some bacon bits, and a few rubber old pieces of lobster. This is what the sword fish sat on top of. There was no butter or lemon, so I had to ask for the salt and pepper just to make it palatable. My husband got the lobster and it was overcooked and rubbery, with 3 muscles one of which wasn't opened and 2 clams. The meals were 26 dollars each and didn't come with a salad or roll and they are not good, edible, but not enjoyable. I thought maybe the dessert would be a saving grace but they were just cupcakes and the local bakery grocery stores have better dessert options. People that like this have never been to the Sole. I just can not pretend this was good just because it was expensive.

9  Thank JMB01010

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Don't make your decision to go in based on the exterior. The inside is bright, although small. the menu is great- not too big, not too small. Beverage menu(s) are nice- one for beer, one for wine and drinks. The mussels were outstanding! The food was hot, and fresh. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank jmfle
Reviewed November 10, 2013

On November 9,2013 my husband and I went to dinner with friends at Sturbridge Seafood. We used call ahead as there are no reservations taken. We were told they were very busy and could be a 40 min. wait. We waited an hour for our table but were pleasantly surprised with our total experience there. We started with drinks, the list of possibilities were endless as presented to us by our waitress. Three of us settled on the St. Germain Smash and the other had the Rum Punch which were all very good. Our water was served in Mason jars and a bottle of water left at the table for refills which I thought was neat touch. Next I had the clam chowder for an appetizer, this was the best I have had, very flavorful. The others had Sweet and Spicy Calamari, the waitress informed us that the sweetness was from Rock Candy that is from Sturbridge Village another nice touch. For our Entrees 2 of us chose the Surf and Turf which was to die for the beef tenderloin was literally melt in your mouth delicious. My husband who does not like seafood was nicely accommodated with the Turf and scallion mashed potatoes which he enjoyed. Our other diner had the salmon dish which was very good according to him and we all agreed after having a sample. Unfortunatley we did not have room for dessert. Overall our experience was Awesome from our knowledgeable and very pleasant waitress, Faith, to the exceptionable food and drink. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Sher3
Reviewed November 2, 2013

On November 1st, husband and I took a 'road trip' to Country Curtains. As we exited the parking
lot, we spotted the Sturbridge Seafood sign and decided to have our lunch there. That was the
best decision we made that day! We chose the clam chowder and the fish and chips. The
chowder was the best we have ever had, bar none!! It was served piping hot; it was especially flavorful. The fish and chips [cod, by the way] was fresh and done to crunchy perfection.
We are from Cape Cod and have had numerous plates of fish and chips and many bowls of clam
chowder in various restaurants. None of the chowders can compare to the huge bowl we had
on Friday!! Hats off to the Sturbridge Seafood restaurant!! Pleasant atmosphere, stellar service and FANTASTIC food at very comfortable prices. We shall return on another 'road trip,' to be
sure. Charlie of the Cape

1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Gourmet seafood in a new restaurant in Sturbridge. Appetizers are called "sharing" because they big enough for two or one could be used as entree. We had blackened scallops perfectly done and spiced. On the same plate was a fabulous risotto, cheesy and spiced. For my main meal had salmon with honey-mustard and horseradish sauce over panko crusted salmon. Outstanding and crunchy! Came with mashed potatoes and green beans. Skipped dessert which was limited to two choices. My wife had red snapper with gnocchi.
Complaints are minor: small restaurant (30 seats) and on the mousy side. Food more than compensates. Bill for two was about $60.

1  Thank DrPaulS