“Beyond helpfulness” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sturbridge
arlington MA
“Beyond helpfulness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Ms Jenkins, the front desk person went beyond helpfulness. She solved a problem created by my not bringing documentation for a hotel special. She was gracious and friendly. She set the tone for a perfect stay in a lovely Inn.

1 Thank pat
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
It was nice to hear our Front Desk staff, especially Ms. Jenkins assisted you so you could take advantage of our special promotion. It's always important to great the guest with a smile and be as helpful as possible so your stay with us is a pleasant one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Strafford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Checked in on the 3/15/2014 upon checking in were welcomed right away. We were in room 37 with a king size bed. The room was perfect and the bed was more then comfortable. We never heard any outside or inside noises. Everything was 100% perfect.

Room Tip: Room 37 is close to the office, very large king room and super quiet
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
It was nice to hear how you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had a nice time at the Village's Celtic Celebration. We receive numerous comments about how comfortable, clean and friendly our rooms are. How to see you again soon. Look for more special deal.
Monroe, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

The Inn was very clean and nice. The room size was great, the bed very comfortable. Did have a weird smell -but we got used to it. The room was quiet which is hard to find. There are only two rooms per main door and no one above you - so the banging of doors and people being loud was very minimal. We got a lot of sleep and I didn't need ear plugs. The staff was very friendly. I was impressed with how clean the room was - old inn but very clean. Location was excellent - could walk over to the village. Would recommend this Inn.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay in the Oliver Wight House. For a 1789 house many of our guests comment on how little noise they hear and how comfortable and clean everything was. Not sure what the smell was but glad it did not bother you too much. Hope to see you again.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

On Sunday I had some business to take care of in Auburn Ma. I checked in to the Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges on Sat Mar 8th. I was greeted at the reception desk by Christine, who assigned a room for me and made sure I had everything I needed. My room was just great, cozy , comfortable, quiet and clean. The property is so nice. When I checked out on Sunday Christine gave ma a pleasant sendoff. I had stayed last October and at that time Christine mad a cheerful reservation for me. It was so nice I extended my stay an extra day just to enjoy the area. Christine is a great asset to the Lodges and I look forward to many visits here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew H
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
It was nice to hear the compliments of one of my staff members. Christine like everyone here wants all our guests to feel right at home and have a pleasurable experience. Glad you enjoyed this stay as much as the first and we look forward to your return.
northeast, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I spent last night in the Oliver Wight House. It's a beautiful house and grounds. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and had everything we needed. Once inside the building, we didn't hear any road noise. It's an old building, so we were prepared to hear some noise from other guests, but it wasn't an issue. We had a package deal that included admission to Old Sturbridge Village and a voucher towards dinner. It was great! I will consider coming back in the summer with my young boys to stay in the lodges.

Room Tip: If you are a couple, try to get a room in the Wight house. It's a little more romantic.
1 Thank MamaOfTwoBoys_12
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
It was great to hear how you enjoyed your recent stay in the Oliver Wight House for the Romantic Getaway Package. Yes many guests are surprised on how little noise they hear in a 1789 house. Hope to see you and your family this summer. Watch for our special packages.
Lebanon, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I came to Old Sturbridge Inn and Lodges for a fun Mom and daughter overnight to celebrate her birthday. We decided to go to a Paint and Sip place in Sturbridge for a night of painting. We are members of Old Sturbridge Village so we got a awesome deal at the Lodges. My husband and I have stayed here a few times so I already knew how great it was! The Inn is just gorgeous, recently renovated to resemble the Old Sturbridge Village decor! Christine at the front desk was super nice and very helpful! Our room was beautiful...the beds were like sleeping on a cloud...was so comfy that we over slept and missed the continental breakfast!! The bathrooms are great, I like the privacy of a door to the toilet and shower from the sink area..with two women getting ready at the same time it came in handy! Oh, and it is super clean! We can't say enough about this place! If you get the chance to visit Sturbridge this is the place to stay! see ya soon Christine! * ~ *

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Shelley D
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
It's always nice to have guests return and share their experience with others. We all work hard to insure the charm of the Inn in keeping with the traditions of Old Sturbridge Village. Many of our guests comment on how comfortable our beds are. Christine like every member of my staff wants everyone to feel welcomed and enjoy the experience. Hope to see you again soon.
Sudbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Booked a special deal here to take the kids to Old Sturbridge Village during February vacation. We were greeted by friendly, helpful staff and were delighted by our room, especially the beds which are amazingly comfortable. Brian, the manager went out of his way to give us a tour of the Oliver Wight house (not open that day). We felt a good vibe from this place and the people who work here. Not the Four Seasons, but a wonderful, reasonably priced family friendly destination.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Chris F
OldSturbridgeVillage, Manager at Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
It was my pleasure to show you the Oliver Wight House, hopefully you and your wife and get away and spend the night in the House. Glad your family enjoyed the Village and all it has to offer and you found our rooms, especially the beds comfortable. Hope to see you again this summer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial
Scottish Inn Sturbridge
Scottish Inn Sturbridge
#6 of 13 in Sturbridge
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Been to Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges? Share your experiences!