“First time, good experience!”
Review of Veritas - CLOSED

Veritas
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: VERITAS restaurant also has a New Twilight Menu available from 2:00 to 4:00pm
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Attentive and accommodating service. Our waiter Rick was pleasant and went beyond expectations. Helpful with infomation not presented on the menu, ie "specials".

We both had the NY strip steak (medium rare) and it was prepared correctly. From the "Forever $21 Wine List" we chose the "Red Truck Pinot Noir", it was light bodied but very drinkable.

At the end of our meal we had coffee which turned out to be exceptional (a pleasant surprise) and locally roasted in Hadley, Ma. (Esselon Coffee).

We would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and we will definitely return!

1  Thank Noel L

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We decided to try out Veritas on Sunday night. Everything from the hostess, to the professionalism of our waiter, to the food was perfect! This restaurant would be right up on the top of restaurants on the North Shore! What an eclectic menu! My husband had the wedge salad, and I the pumpkin bisque for a beginner. Then main courses came out, timed perfectly! Husband had a grilled swordfish atop couscous risotto, I opted for the Jerk Burger. This was the BEST burger I have had in a very long time! Dessert was a bread pudding, which we shared. Perfect size for two. I have not been able to stop talking about how pleasantly surprised I was at the quality of everything we had. Kudos to the crew at Veritas!
* prices were quite reasonable. 9$ for my burger
* all the tables were a mix of groups, some very casual, some dressy, some family. Very comfortable setting for everyone.

1  Thank BradFamFour
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Nice night out.
The food and selection are good. Prices very good.
The decor and set up are odd. My husband and I were noticing the artwork, drapery. We usually don't focus on those issues, but we could not help it.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

No trip to Sturbridge, Massachusetts would be complete without stopping in at Veritas for one of their signature dishes or seasonal brews. The talented staff went through great lengths to make sure our wishes were met throughout our dinner. Veritas has a dynamic menu, unique and worldly. Veritas' menu appeals to children all the way to the most discerning palate. We ordered two burgers cooked to perfection, one of the best! We topped our evening off, fighting over, who gets the last bite, of this most delicious "moose" desert.

If you are looking for a great evening out, please stop in to Veritas, for a dining experience not soon forgotten.

3  Thank eric d
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Sick of burgers and fries? A very international menu offers plenty to choose from. I really lIked the choice of beers and food. No delays or waiting times, a very prompt service. Price wise very reasonable for the quality of dining. I did not quite like the lighting, tablecloth would have been nice. The best dining probably in Sturbridge.

1  Thank Panarabica