“Loved this place”
Review of Avellino

Avellino
Reserve with OpenTable
Avellino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 20
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I hosted a business dinner here for six and we all left very happy. From wine to shared appetizers to dinners and desserts, everything we tried was delicious. Nice ambiance and great service. Our entire group of out-of-towners opted to eat here again for our next meeting in a few months rather than try a different restaurant in town.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went for the Italian Buffet night tonight it's on Wednesday and Sundays. We didn't have a reservation so we waiting 45 mins, we kept looking into the dining room and there were 2 tables that needed to be cleared off. I went up to the hostess and said something and they cleared a table for us. We should have known by then because the rest of the night they hadn't cleared those tables off. The waiter wasn't very friendly he was very snobbish. He never brought us menus which we decided to get off the menu because they didn't refill any of the stuff right away so it didn't look that appetizing, so we had to ask for that. My husband never got his beer brought to him and the guy that goes around with the water was better than the waiter. He got us bread after we asked and we saw him more. I got the Raviolis de Mull VERY GOOD! My husband got Veal parm he said it was also VERY GOOD! Our friends got the Chicken parm and her husband got the buffet which he said some of the things were really good! So, the food was great!!! But the service was terrible. I had to track the waiter down to get our check and to wrap and cash us out.
Sadly but I wouldn't go back because of the bad service. We got there at 7pm by the time we left it was 9:30pm.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is my second visit to the newly opened Avellino Restaurant and both times have be an excellent experience. (The restaurant was previously the Whistling Swan and I was hoping the experience would equal that restaurant.....it did!) The wait staff is incredible, as are the greeters and bar staff. I ordered a Carbonara pasta dish with scallops after being assured that the sauce was made on premises. It was extremely good and I will order it again in the future. Another diner had the fillet, and said the steak was "perfect" (rare). A Caesar salad was also rated highly. We did not order dessert, although several were tempting. The menu is nicely balanced, the wine list is good as well, there is a full bar that is slightly removed from the main dining area where you can sit and eat if you prefer (there is a TV). The atmosphere is very pleasant; we were seated at the front windows, very nice. Parking is in the rear of the building, there is a ramp for handicap customers. I would recommend making reservations especially on weekends or holidays. If you haven't tried Avellino yet, you should!

1  Thank dennis l
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner. This is in the lod whistleing swan with new owners and chef. Sicily inspired dishes that were crazy good. I had the scollops and risotto. I usually am not impressed with risotto but this was the best ive had so prefect and xele atly seasoned and buttery. Texture firm but cooked right scollops outstanding. Squod dish with red sause sauted with cherry peppers delicious and a kick. Salted cod awesome not the dr y kind actully a surprise with soft cod and potatoe like a crab cake. Supurb. I AM FROM THIS TOWN AND THIS PLACE is the best in the area. Service great and dinning room redecorated with new open air feel. Love this place and you will too. Even if your a foodie

1  Thank k123-foodie
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had an amazing birthday celebration here. Chef Rico, Dakota and the staff made sure that every detail was perfect. Our server was excellent. He was always available when needed but never intrusive. The food was to-die-for! The menu was inventive, easily overcoming the challenges of accommodating the gluten free and vegetarian requirements of two people in our party. There wasn't a single dish of our four course meal that wasn't enjoyed. It was an incredible dining experience that inspired our young culinary student. Chef Rico was patient and enthusiastic in sharing his knowledge and experiences. The once-monthly cooking with Chef Rico events are sure to be a success!

1  Thank Pam M