“Place has gone down hill:(”
Review of The Thai Place

The Thai Place
Ranked #18 of 65 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Place has gone down hill:(”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The food is getting worse and worse each time I go, I wonder if they are on a food budget. There servers cannot wear shirts that fit them. And what seems to be the owner has no idea of even remotely pleasing the customers. We arrived there just before close unbeknownst to us when we were seated. Then the owner/manager comes up to us in two minutes to see if we are ready to order, obviously we were not my husband had not even got back from the bathroom washing his hands. Then she rudely tells us they were keeping the kitchen open just for us so if we could hurry up. Ridiculous we should have just left. Or they could have told us when we walked in that they are only doing take out. I mean really the list goes on. But I don't have the time.

Maybe I would go back if the food was great but it wasn't. Mediocre food, horrible customer service= absolutely no need to ever return!!!

I have been going to this place for years. I don't know if it is under new ownership but there customer service is lacking. This is speaking from someone who has been in the restaurant business and is currently in guest services.

1 Thank RoseyGlassesClean

Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“Tasty but not real Thai tastes”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

we have had take out several times. it does the trick if you are hungry but I do not consider this real Thai food. more like Chinese to be honest. you might like it, just don't expect Thai dishes to be the same as you have had in other Thai restaurants.

Pennsylvania
“EXCELLENT FOOD AT AN AFORDABLE PRICE”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We eat here whenever we stop in the area. The food is excellent and a great portion is served for an affordable price. Small but nicely decorated inside with great staff and cooks. Good wine selection. Lots of locals eat here which says something about the restaurant.

Visited August 2012
Waynesboro, Va.
“A steady favorite”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We frequently dine at The Thai Place when we visit the Sturbridge area and it is a consistent favorite.
The menu is large and varied and we've never had a dish that disappointed - both appetizers and mains.
My favorite is the Thai Place duck which is crispy and tasty. We generally go with a group and share dishes and everyone always seems pleased with not only their choices but things others in the group ordered as well.
There is a full bar as well. Give it a try and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

• Visited September 2012
south windsor, ct
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have to begin by saying I lived in Hawaii for 10 years and ate some of the best Thai food available anywhere. The Thai Place is on a par with the best Hawaii has to offer.

We had dinner here on a Saturday night in October without making reservations, and were able to be seated right away. The restaurant is very attractive, with a Zen ambiance and soft lighting which was relaxing.

The menu is extensive and offers a wonderful selection. All 4 adults were very happy with everything we ordered. I had my usual Pad Thai, and it was among the best Pad Thai I've had. The summer rolls were very fresh and yummy, too.

Our sweet, gentle waitress was very pleasant and patient, while our party of four adults and two children decided what to eat. She also cheerfully gave us two separate checks, which we requested, and accommodated all our other requests graciously, promptly and without mistakes.

I only wish I lived closer to The Thai Place.....

• Visited October 2011