All reviews complimentary breakfast is police station room was clean easy access pool and hot tub breakfast area convenient location old sturbridge village mass pike front desk staff refrigerator and microwave waffles off the highway one night stay public house new england publick house
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we booked this hotel while driving north. when we arrived late in the night, the clerk at the counter, was not very friendly and was training someone else. when she looked for my reservation she said she could see it but it could not be unlocked. my room was available but she could not not give it to me. she called her manager several times and he told her to tell me the room was not available but a room $15 more was available and she could do nothing about the rate. she was not apologetic. her response to me was take it or leave it. i had no choice so i took it. she handed me my key and never said a word to me. i had no idea what room she put me, or how to get there. i had to ask her. the next person that came up, she did not treat that way. the next more i spoke to a different manager whom i told this story to. mary told me that the general manager would be in touch to review what happened and i gave her my number. that was three days ago. not a word. my CC account was charged. this is unacceptable all around and i will never stay at a hilton property again. no one should be treated that way.

1  Thank Timothy K
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived for our stay after making reservation via Hilton.com and being a Honors member. We had reserved a king bed and a 3rd floor request. At check in we were told our room was a handicap room right beside the television set in the main lobby by the main entrance. This is not what we were assigned by Hilton.com and asked for what we had requested. Was told they can not accommodate our already made request but could put us in a room with two twin beds with a refrigerator and microwave. Again asked for what we reserved and was told it was not available. Asked to speak to manager and no one available ? Please keep in mind this room reserved at 152.00 plus tax a night. Asked if room or manager becomes available to be moved to requested room. This never happened.

Visited the pool while on property and experienced very loud ventilation system making pool experience very unpleasant. The breakfast buffet was totally disgusting with unpleasant hotel help taking attitudes if you made any comments on what was put out cold and waffle iron that did not cook waffles all the way through.

At check out owner of Sturbridge Hampton Inn present on property and asked to speak to him and he disappeared. Spoke to a manager at check out and was told their was nothing he could do except offer a 10% discount ???? Keep in mind Hilton has a 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE ! This never came into play.

We did receive a call from the assistant property manager the following Tuesday looking to speak to us on our experience at their Hotel after the fact. REALLY !

Our personal advice is you will find the a better experience at any other Hotel in Sturbridge than the Hilton. Our daughter stayed at the same property for the same dates with same king bed request and given the same type of room as ours.

Sturbridge Hampton Inn is not up to Hilton property standards that you will fine any where throughout the US. This location is a total disgrace.

Room tip: Consider the Holiday Inn this property leaves alot to be desired.
1  Thank caribbeanguy2017
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No light at work station. TV reception was poor at best, more disruption than clarity. Clearly the carrier was based on price not on the quality of the reception.
Hotel staff entered room when do not disturb sign was on door.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank gd413
Reviewed September 3, 2019

tWe enjoyed our 2 days there. The hotel was clean and staff friendly. Since Massachusetts is a small state, we could go to several places in the area for tourist activities. We traveled to Waltham and toured their museum with an emphasis on pocket watches and clocks.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

We stop at the Sturbridge Hampton Inn on our travels to Maine which we do several times a year. The Inn is at a great location close to Interstate 84 with easy access. There are many good quality restaurants close by as well as gas stations. The rooms are nicely furnished, beds are comfortable which nice bathrooms.

Date of stay: August 2019