“good experience”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
long island, new york
“good experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived really late at night to shorten our drive home. I was quite impressed with how large and well furnished the room was. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom/shower fine. The room was clean. There was no glamour to this hotel but for the price it cannot be beat. A decent breakfast, free internet topped it off. I would definitely stay here again.

3 Thank ellen s
General-Manager328, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sturbridge, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for leaving us your review! I'm very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our friendly staff is always happy to assist our out of town guests with an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Sturbridge!

Hampton Inn Sturbridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Seattle, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This was our final hotel after a week of staying in hotels in New England. It was our favorite - all three of us slept well! Breakfast was excellent, plenty of room for all of us. If we'd had time, we would have used the fitness center which seemed very nice.

1 Thank Pamela W
Thank you for leaving us your review! I'm very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our friendly staff is always happy to assist our out of town guests with an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again and perhaps you'll have time to use our fitness room.

Cape Cod, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked a stay at the Hampton Inn in Sturbridge, MA for the weekend. We arrived at the hotel around 8:30 pm on Friday and checked in. The lobby was nice and the staff was very welcoming. We had a room that was right off the lobby at the front of the hotel but it was extremely quiet and there were no noise issues at all. The entrance to the fitness center and pool were directly across from the room, so it was easy access. The room was very nice, with a fridge and microwave, the HD Television was great as well. A/C worked great, bathroom was spotless. The complimentary breakfast was good and although the choice of foods available could have been better, the staff was excellent and it was very clean there. The General Manager, Mike and the front desk staff person, Tina were very pleasant and helpful with giving us ideas on where to visit while we were in the area. This was a very satisfying get away for us and we are glad that we picked the Hampton Inn. The area is busy and right off the Mass. Turnpike, but the hotel is very safe as it is located right next to the local police and fire station and the State Police barracks is just around the corner. No need to worry about your vehicle being broken into overnight there. We highly recommend this hotel for anyone that is visiting the area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Rob D

Worcester, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been a fan of Hampton Inn Hotels for a long time. I had called the front desk the day before I made reservations to ask about the hotel location to Rt 84 and if there was a lot of extra noise. I was told no, that it's quiet because it's not next to the Mass Pike. When I got my room on the 3rd floor it was the corner room closest to the turn off exit for Rt 84. I know they can't control the trucks and cars all night but I wish they could have been more truthful. Safe area, right next to the police station (those sirens were fun at night too). For such a great hotel I was a little bummed at the location it was in. It was close to food and entertainment so that's a plus! The staff was VERY helpful with everything else. It has not deterred me from going back to Hampton Inn, but I probably wont go back to the Sturbridge one anytime soon if I want to get some rest and relaxation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and 2 children while visiting Old Sturbridge Village. Our room was very clean which is my highest priority! We chose Hampton because they are very consistent from town to town, and this did not disappoint! Our kids loved the pool and hot tub, the breakfast was great and the breakfast room/area was nicely furnished and had plenty of seating. I found the staff to be extremely responsive and helpful, and appreciated the honesty when asking for a restaurant recommendation for dinner. Would definitely recommend!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for leaving us your review! We appreciate your comments regarding the highway noise. Although, I'm very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our friendly staff is always happy to assist our out of town guests with an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Sturbridge!

Liverpool, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Great midway stop from Bar Harbor to PA. Nice location close to the interstate and the Village. Typical Hampton in a nice location. Ashley at the front desk was very nice. Of course always the Hampton breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SheriBobLove2Travel
Thank you for leaving us your review! I'm very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our friendly staff is always happy to assist our out of town guests with an enjoyable and comfortable stay. The entire Staff and Management Team are looking to seeing you again the next time you are in Sturbridge!

General Manager and Staff
Eastern Mass.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

In early August I rode in this year's Pan-Mass Challenge, a 111 mile cycling event to raise money for cancer research. The ride starts every year in Sturbridge with about 5,000 riders and the hotels fill up many months ahead of time. The Hampton Inn was no exception.
I tried booking anywhere in Sturbridge in April and was told they were full, but I was put on a waiting list at the Hampton.
A month before the the event they called and I got my room. It was pricey though, $299 for one room with a queen bed and pullout couch.
The check-in was a breeze and the room was clean and comfortable. They accomodated the many riders by serving breakfast much earlier than normal at 4 a.m. That was a big plus.
We weren't there long enough to use the exercise area or pool which were both pretty basic. If you're looking for clean comfort without over the top amenities, this is your place.

1 Thank rhl01
General-Manager328, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sturbridge, responded to this review, September 6, 2013

Kind Regards,