“A great place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sturbridge
Maine
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn on a get -a-way weekend while visiting Old Sturbridge Village last weekend. Our Stay at the Hampton Inn was great. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The beds were great!!!! Even though we were close to the road, it was very quite we couldn't hear any cars. Everything was very clean. The pool was nice, but rather small. Breakfast was decent, something hot and several other things to choose from. Every spring I take three of my Grandchildren away on Spring Break. This April I will be taking them to Sturbridge Village and I will be staying at the Hampton Inn. I give it a high score.

Stayed January 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2008

The Hampton Inn in Sturbridge is an average traveler's hotel with clean rooms and friendly staff. The property is quite old, and had noisy AC/Heat, but has had "newer" beds and linens each time we've been there over the last 5 years. It is much too expensive for the age of the property, but there are no other "full service" hotels in the area (days inn is the closest). I recommend it as the only option for people to expect more from a hotel then just a bed and TV, but don't expect much. It's clean, warm (or cool), and comfortable. That's it.

• Liked — Bed
  • Disliked — AC/Heat Noise
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewYorkTravelCoord
London/ New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2007

This is a nice "Hampon Inn" hotel, in a great location - just off route 20, on the edge of Old Sturbridge.
The rooms (we had a standard room) are large and well designed, and the hotel has a nice pool and jacuzzi.
The check in staff were superb, so friendly and helpful.

The only negative comments would be that the coffee machine in the room is next to the toilet in the rest room!! And also the complimentary breakfast was pretty poor, some hot sausage, and a few muffins and bagels.

• Liked — The staff at check in
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
san francisco bay area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2007

My family and I recently traveled from California for a college graduation. We had 3 hotel rooms at the Hampton Inn in Sturbridge, MA. It was a very clean hotel, inside and out. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and there were a number of eateries nearby as well as lots of antique shops! Overall a very well maintained establishment, good location, and personable staff.

1 Thank whobaby
glens falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

We went with ALOT of teenage girls for a b-ball tournie, the placed was mobbed and they were great. Every request we had, they delivered on!!! I would definitely recommend it to any and all visitors to Sturbridge!!!!

• Liked — the great beds/very quiet even tho- you could see I-90 out the window
  • Disliked — ???
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank trippingvacation
West Haven, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2007

After a relaxing day at Old Sturbridge Village, we were very pleased with our room at the Hampton Inn. Although the hotel is right next to the Mass Turnpike - we did not have a problem with any 'outside noise' ruining our sleep or stay. We found the staff to be very efficient, quick and friendly upon check-in. They were equally pleasant when we inquired about local places to eat and even assisted us by offering the front desk phone so that we could call for reservations. We enjoyed swimming in the pool (open 6am to 10 pm during our stay), both Friday night and Saturday morning, (after breakfast.) The pool is 3 feet to 5 feet in depth. There is also a hot tub - and exercise room (with tv) - but we didn't use either of these areas. We found the breakfast area to be well stocked and kept clean. We stayed in a room with two queen sized beds, with six pillows in the room, (3 firm and 3 soft), 2 chairs on either side of the small table, free internet hookup in the room. The only thing I felt was missing was a 'comfy chair' to sit and read in. Our room did not include a fridge or microwave - but there are rooms with those items available for a fee. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I were planning to stay in the area.

• Liked — Convenience to Old Sturbridge Village, free breakfast, nice pool
  • Disliked — No comfy chair in room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2006

We have stayed here a number of times and always had a great time. The rooms are clean and the pool is very well kept up. This past stay, however, left a lot to be desired in terms of service. We checked in on Friday for two nights. On Saturday afternoon, after returning from a wonderful visit to Sturbridge Village, we found that we could not get into our room. The electronic keys no longer worked. I immediately went to the lobby and had to wait in an unusually long line. There was only one young girl checking in everyone. She was obviously very flustered and no one came out to help her. Finally, there were only two people ahead of me when I overheard the people checking in being given our room! I had to run after them down the hall and stopped them just as they were entering our room, where our belongings were! The girl at the desk couldn't explain how our room keys had been deactivated and was completely unapologetic. I was told that the manager would be unavailable until Monday morning, when I asked to speak to someone else. Then, late that night there were groups of teenagers in the rooms next to us who were banging on the walls, slamming doors, screaming, and running up and down the halls. I called the desk two times and was told that there had been other complaints and that something was going to be done. After a half hour, when the situation didn't get better, I had to get out of bed and walk down the hall to complain. On checkout the next morning, I left a detailed note for the manager with all of my contact information. A week later I finally received a misspelled, very short form letter which did nothing to remedy the situation. Extremely disappointing.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial
#5 of 13 in Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#10 of 13 in Sturbridge

Been to Hampton Inn Sturbridge? Share your experiences!