“We concur!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sturbridge
Doylestown, PA
“We concur!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

We do not often see recurrent reviews on this site, But I am happy to see that VacWolderKidsRocks review of this sad place agrees with mine. Thankfully, I was not hosting a wedding!
This place must clearly be seen as a massive mar on the Hilton name.
I would also remind those who read these reviews that the few recent "raves" are from people who live within a rather short distance of this sad example of hospitality!
Be aware when you read these reviews!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank gracioustraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We had decided to use this hotel for my daughter's out of town wedding (40 rooms for a span of 2 nights). It went so terribly wrong. When we arrived at 3:00 pm (check in time) there was only one person at the desk who was extremely overwhelmed. None of the rooms were clean and we all had to wait in the lobby until 4:30 pm until we could get keys. We should have run then but things only got worse. They put my daughter (the bride) first in a dirty room, then gave her a room that smelled of smoke. Some of the bridal party experienced no shower curtain and a buzzing noise that started at 1:00 AM which all seemed so minor to what came next. We came back from the wedding only to find they locked my sister out of her room and refused to let her in! Although we had booked the room for two nights, they said we only paid for one so we were not allowed back in the room!!! We asked for a receipt of how much they had put on our credit card and they said they could not give it to us. After my husband was on the phone with the manager for 1/2 hr (amazing he didn't have a heart attack right there) they finally agreed my sister could get her belongings from the room. She ended up having to stay in our room, while we all had to share a king size bed!! When my husband asked about their 100% guarantee they said we would need to take it up with Corporate - nice. My husband asked to meet the manager when he came in the next morning at 7:00 AM. When he met with him, he said he was sorry and we would not have to pay for one night's stay - seriously. They also said they gave us a room to eat breakfast in, that we did not ask for. When I think back to how beautiful the most important day in my child's life was, I need to totally block out the embarassment and heartache this establishment caused. Do not be fooled by the pretty exterior, for the customer service on the inside is just a shame. So sad this happened to my guests - truly unbelievable that they would treat people who brought them so much business so terribly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank VacWolderKidsRocks
Spencer, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

This place wasn't cheap - but we got a room with a jacuzzi. The bed was as comfortable as a cloud. It was clean, service was good - definitely recommend. Location is convenient.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Booked this as a cheap night as part of our New England tour so we could spend a full day at Old Sturbridge Village. Rooms area a little dark and dingy but were very clean, warm and comfortable with all of the facilities you expect from a chain.We did appreciate the pool and jaccuzzi as an added bonus. The room was quiet despite being between 2 roads, one of which is an Interstate.Adequate breakfast with pre-packed available if you were in a hurry.
Best point has to be access to Old Sturbridge Village which we really enjoyed. It is less than a mile easy walk along the road. Would use a s stopover again but not for any longer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front, away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed for two nights while visiting Old Sturbridge Village. The room was rather tired, in fact our easy chair was so tired it was 2 inches shorter on one side than the other, rendering it unusable. Breakfast was in a small, dark eating area with fewer options than other H.I.s I've stayed at. Most annoyingly, they only have one thermos for the coffee so it kept running out and we'd have to wait for more to be made.

We had the misfortune to tour OSV during some heavy rain; returning to the hotel we were hoping to warm our bedraggled selves in our room, but no such luck--we'd accidentally left the Do Not Disturb sign up and the room hadn't been touched. A plastic bag with a couple towels had been left outside the door but they reeked of cigarette smoke--odd, because I didn't notice the smell in the hall itself. OK, we were to blame for that, but I was very disappointed in the reaction at the front desk. Instead of using some emotional intelligence to see we were guests in need, they went to patronizing pains to ensure we knew exactly who was at fault and that nothing much could be done. They did end up replacing the towels and emptying the trash, but that was it. The receptionist eventually indicated she wouldn't charge us for the room--empty offer, because it was an HHonors reward night, and we were charged the points.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Orrington, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Sturbridge as a stopping-over point on my trip to New Jersey. When traveling alone, I like a multi-story motel so I can be on an upper floor. This hotel is convenient to I-84, is located in a great town with lots to see and do; offers a free breakfast that was quite plentiful and good; had a comfortable bed & clean room; and had a computer in the lobby that was free to use, and was available whenever I needed it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Well we started off our weekend to Boston by checking into a different local property. Long story short, facing the threat of a hurricane grazing the region and a less than choice hotel room to get stuck in we made the jump to the Hamton Inn Sturbridge.
What can I say? Another great Hampton Inn. Newer property, great pool, and breakfast. This will be my go to hotel the next time I'm looking to lay my head in Sturbridge.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TOOM1997
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturbridge
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#10 of 13 in Sturbridge
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Sturbridge? Share your experiences!