“Delish!”

Ranked #20 of 65 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Oliver Wight Tavern is located at the entrance to historic Old Sturbridge Village, offering a traditional menu in our Tap Room Restaurant, as well as a hearty Sunday Brunch Buffet
Ellsworth, Maine
“Delish!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stopped in for lunch before we toured Sturbridge. It was steady but not too busy. Food took a little longer than expected to come out. The corn bread they bring to every table was yummy. We ordered a chicken pot pie and shared it - it was a huge portion and very yummy. My Aunt had chowder and said it was very good. My son ordered chicken tenders and loved them..very crispy...his favorite. The waitress seemed overwhelmed with the half dozen tables she was tending to..took awhile to get our check and have her bring it back to finish up. Overall a good experience.

• Visited August 2012

New York
“The best Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Whether you are visiting Old Sturbrige Village or just in the area. A sunday bruch for all You can start with fresh made omlets, pancakes, waffles and other breafast selections and slowly work your way thru lunch selection of carved ham and turkey as well as several hot entreesMake sure you leave room for desserts includin the special chocaalate dipping fountain. Special note all children 10 and under eat free so bring the family Also agreat friendly helpful serving staff

Visited August 2012
Lebanon, Ohio
“Sunday brunch buffet...lots of food, but terrible quality and service”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We came to the Oliver Wight Tavern for Sunday buffet brunch this past Sunday, July15th.We had been in the area for a week at the Brimfield antique show. We arrived right after it opened around 10:15. We were seated right away and could see that the buffet room had many stations with lots of food.First problem was that there were many servers , but no one came to take our order or get us drinks for almost 10 minutes.We were brought coffee,but we wanted iced tea.Iced tea took about 10-15 more minutes and the waitress told us she had to brew some.Hmm. It was almost 90 degrees out and iced tea was not on the menu?
Let' talk about the food......it was inedible...really awful....examples include....I decided to have some fruit. I love pineapple, but the pineapple I got was the core of the pineapple.On to the hot buffet....out of bacon at the beginning of the brunch buffet ...only little fried bits of fat. There was a huge pan of what were supposed to be home fries I guess , but they were mushed up redskins that looked and tasted liked they were left over from the night before. The scrambled eggs were dry and tasted like they were not real eggs. Neither my husband or I could find anything to eat. tried the scones .....not edible. The carving station was incredible.....for the entire time we were there there was just little crumbs of turkey and ham on the carving boards like there was no meat there at all until right before we left. was the meat not ready? The crumbs of meat looked like they had been there from the night before. If you cannot have the buffet ready by ten o'clock don't open.We were appalled and the supervisor came over and asked why we were not eating? We told her the food was not edible and she offered to give us more baked goods from the bakery to take home.What? She thought we would want more of the non edible food?..We declined and told her this was the worst meal we had ever had with the worst service...we literally could not choke down anything.Our waitress who had not been back to check on us threw the bill at us and we had to pay forty dollars for the buffet we did not touch.Do your self a favor and eat at the Publick House in Sturbridge.....much much better food and service.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank KJ994U
Wethersfield, Connecticut
“Wedding Blues”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I attended a wedding here a few days ago. The setting was just "eh", as in, I walked in and thought, dear God I hope this isn't it....but it was. The food nearly killed me. I have an egg allergy, and the staff did not adequately know the ingredients in the food they served. About 15 minutes after dinner, I was vomiting in the bathroom, and red from head to toe with swollen lips and bloodshot eyes. Aside from my allergy, however, the food was just average. There was nothing delicious, nothing that I was head over heels for at all. Basic chicken, potatoes and bread. Overall, my personal experience was terrible, but I rated them Average because folks who don't have food allergies might find it a tolerable experience.

• Visited July 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Nice English atmosphere. Very good hamburger and soups, especially French onion and clam chowder. Nice friendly waitress with great service.

Visited May 2012