“very pleasant stay”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sturbridge
Dallas, Texas
“very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2006

My husband and I had a very pleasant stay at the Econo Lodge. Our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet, and management was extremely polite. Grounds were well kept. Breakfast was quite basic (cereal, packaged rolls, juice and coffee) but as it was included in the $65 rate, it was a real bargain and made for a convenient start to the day. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank Elenita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2006

After reading the previous reviews AFTER my boyfriend already reserved a room...we were a bit nervous about staying at the Sturbridge, MA Econo Lodge. But when we got there we were very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean. The service was wonderful. Not to mention they had a fridge, which they did mention on the website. The grounds were beautiful. I'm sure in the summertime it will be really nice as they have an outside pool. I would definitley recommend this place. If it was not good before, they must have changed owners, or something. Because it was definitley a nice stay!

Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lewiston, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2005

After reading the review above, I felt I had to put my 2 cents in. My husband and I reserved a room for 2 nights right after Xmas. We were there to visit my family, and since it was right after Xmas, were on a bit of a budget. At around $60, it seemed like a good price, and I've driven by the place many times, and it looked decent. We checked in early in the afternoon and looked around. A bit dated looking, but it was quite clean. We hung up some of our clothes, freshened up, and left to get lunch. We were gone an hour, and when we got back, my husband went into the bathroom, and I set about unpacking the rest of our things. When I walked over to the closet, on the other side of the bed, I noticed something on the floor. I thought I had dropped a tissue, so I bent down to pick it up. To my utter horror, I realized that the object on the floor was a condom. An unwrapped condom, just laying on the floor. I didn't inspect it closely enough to determine if it was used. I yelled for my husband, who promptly ran down the hill to the main office. He explained the situation to the same man who checked us in, and they both came back to the room. The man looked at the condom, and apologizing over and over, told us to get our things and he would give us another room. We hustled out of there, the man still apologizing, saying he couldn't understand where it came from. Said he cleaned that room personally, and it wasn't there when he left it. Now, I KNOW it wasn't there on the floor when we first went into the room. I was putting things from our luggage into the closet, and going back and forth to the bathroom, and would've walked right over it. We were only gone an hour, and this man appeared to be the only other person at the motel. We never saw anyone else around. So where did it come from? Never did find out, but we left feeling very creeped by the place. We weren't the only ones, apparently. Obviously, we won't be back.

• Stayed December 2004
5 Thank cakeordeath

Travelers are raving about these Sturbridge hotels

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2003

We stayed here october 2003 our 2 rooms were newly refurbished and clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast had cereals and donuts.
Helpful staff. Very pleased