“Clean and Pet Friendly”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Sturbridge
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Clean and Pet Friendly”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Room was clean, pet friendly with no weight restriciations. Rooms were some what dated and walls are alittle thin could hear people next door and behind. Its off the road and has nice area to walk the dog. We were heading back to florida and only needed 1 night. Safe place to stay. Price was cheap, had a mini fridge and hairdryer and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
mexico mo
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed here for four nights during September Brimfield Antique Show. I was late making reservations and this was all I could find nearby. The regular rate is $56.99 and the rate for the week of the antique show is $125.99 per night! I realize that all of the hotels raise their rates during this week, but REALLY!!!

It was nasty smelling. I went to Walmart and got Fabreze and I also wiped most surfaces with wet wipes. I removed the ugly smelly bedspreads and left them in the corner all week. That helped, but it was still bad. The toilet would not stop running and there was no light bulb in the desk lamp. Since we left the room very early, before the office was open, I left a note on my pillow asking for light bulb , toilet repair, and extra towel. I got one towel and no light bulb. Toilet still running. . . When I called that night to ask for bulb I was told to check the plug - which made sense because none of the plugs would hold my phone charger in. Finally someone brought a bulb.

I will remember to get reservations somewhere else for next springs Brimfield Show.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Sturbridge hotels

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed there on my way back from maine to connecticut. The room was clean. The dresser looked dated and was missing a knob and had holes in the top where the tv lockdown device was previously mounted. Had plenty of cable channels. A/c thermostat knob shaft was stripped so a/c only ran at coldest temp full blast and could not adjust. Room was like a refrigerator I payed 39.99 with a coupon they honored. Housekeeping banged on door very early and opened it anyways but i had the deadbolt locked thank god as i was still in my underwear. I saw a Labor Ready pad the maids were using so I think they use temps to clean the rooms. It looked like it was another fancier brand of motel back in its heyday. Pool was not open still covered up.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Westhavener
Swanton, Vermont
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We were returning from Florida, and decided to stay in Sturbrige the night. Since no Holiday Inns were in site (though my GPS showed one that was now a La Quinta...), we decided to check out the Motel 6. Our thoughts were we just want a clean bed to sleep, and it's not that busy, so should be quiet. Were we wrong! When you only have 6 - 7 vehicles of guests staying there, why jam them in the same area of the motel? We had guests next to us and above us, and the paper thin walls made it difficult to relax with both hearing voices, TVs, and later "noises if you know what I mean!". We toughed it out, but in the morning I stated to the man at the office about the noices, the running toilet, etc.. "Oh, so sorry..."

Well, we tried to cheap out that one last night on the road, and it was a mistake that we will not make again...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank MFTMAINE
Upstate NY
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed here Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. I know it was a holiday weekend, but that is no excuse for what we found.
I had looked up the rates online before checking in and the rate was 65.99 for a room for 2 people. We went to the desk and the gentleman ( who was nice) quoted us a rate of 79.99....we glanced at each other, and my husband suggested we go back up Rt 20 to a Super 8 we had passed. The man immediately changed his rate to "The special for 1 traveler " ... 65.99 .. the online rate for 2 ! We should have gone back to the Super 8!!
I could smell a strong smell of curry in the air at the front desk, and commented "I don't know what's cooking, but it smells good !" The man looked up quickly and said..."Oh, I have a breath mint in my mouth " !!?? I didn't know they came in curry flavor !
The first room we were assigned to was not cleaned yet, at 2:30 in the afternoon. We walked back to the desk, and requested a change which the did do immediately, but were accompanied back by a snotty woman who apparently didn't believe us, because she opened the door which was ajar anyway, and agreed, yes, it hadn't been cleaned. DUH !! It looked like a pigsty when we looked in, LOL.
Anyway, after we had gotten our bags in, we started turning on the lights, as the room was very dark. The dirtiness was everywhere ! Door frames were filthy, mirror was streaky, and there was an actual huge clod of dirt in the middle of the bathroom floor. I used one of the kleenex-like washcloths to clean it up. Needless to say, we never walked barefoot in the room.
The only 3 saving graces were the micro-fridge combination, and the fact that the entrance to OSV is across the street and that The Cedar Street Restaurant was 3 doors down.
I know Motel 6 is a budget motel...but I didn't expect fancy digs, just clean ones.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank linnerone
Barrie
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Finished travelling south in New England and wanted to stay outside of Boston, so tourist information recommended Sturbridge, MA. Found the Motel 6 to be a good, basic choice and liked that it had an outdoor pool.

Sturbridge is simply the junction of I-90 and I-87, but lots of hotels, restaurants, etc. found here.

Motel 6 is nestled on top of a small hill, which creates a separation from the main room (US20) that it fronts on. Motel is basic, yet clean and comfortable. Both rooms were clean, with separated bath/toilet and sink areas which works well for couples.

Pool was wonderful, especially on a hot (30C) afternoon!!! Teenage girls spent hours there. Decent selection of restaurants nearby. We chose Cracker Barrel and had 2 great meals (dinner and breakfast).

This place was better than other Motel 6's I've stayed at.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Maine
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed at the Econo Lodge in Sturbridge based on their website which boasted a continental breakfast and a pool. The continental breakfast consisted of primarily Little Debbie snacks and the pool was closed, we visited in July. The bathroom tub had coners full of black mildew and the bedding smelled of mold or mildew. Had we inspected this room prior to our arrival at midnight, we would not have stayed at this motel.

• Disliked — smell
  • Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tkm425