Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp Resorts
Scottish Inn Sturbridge(Sturbridge)(Great Value!)
$125
$125
$144
$129
$110
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sturbridge(Sturbridge)(Great Value!)
$119
$96
Travelocity
$150
$81
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges(Sturbridge)(Great Value!)
$134
$130
Travelocity
All reviewsaqua centerhay ridesboo boogeneral storefree pancake breakfastscavenger huntkaraoke nightbasketball courtmemorial daynew englandcabinbingodjpoolshayridesjaypaddle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked this without checking reviews. What a mistake.

We usually camp in state parks with NO amenities. We decided to surprise our boys with a last minute trip Labor Day weekend since our last planned camping trip of thesummerwas rained out a few weeks ago. Sturbridge is only an hour from us, and I'd gotten discounted tickets to OSV. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Boy, were we wrong. It seems like management is trying, but honestly, the caliber of people was awful. We tent camp. The sites are small and on top of each other. We lucked out and no one was directly next to us. That's where our luck ended. The four sites adjacent to us were rented by a large group (and I'm fairly certain they exceeded the number of people limit.). This group was awful...blaring music, yelling, cursing to all hours. I realize that quiet hours are from 11-7, but this was entirely not family friendly. it took multiple calls to security for them to actually stop and tell the people to knock it off. This went on every single night. We will not be back.

Oh, and while they seemed to try to keep things clean..again, they fall short. I decided to just not shower after the first night when I found used feminine product under the bench in the shower. Pools of muddy water etc...just gross. Honestly preferred the outhouse at the last state park!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Beth S
Reviewed September 2, 2012

this is a different review we never got there. I happened to get the day off from work on a Saturday and we wanted to go away just for a one night surprise for our kids. We love love love the Jellystone in NH but for one night it was to far So I called the Sturbridge Jellystone Park to see if they had availability. Of course a pull through or sites up front they had a choice of sites, and late check out for the next day only 15$ would be fine too. So I surprise the kids who are all excited to go and grab my pocketbook and call back to book the site. The first call went out at 1:00ish the second call about 2:00ish. They said WE WOULD NEVER RENT A SITE FOR ONE NIGHT ON A SAT. ON THE LONG WEEKEND. My husband has already hooked up the camper and the kids are packing toys. I cant believe it what had changed in an hour. So I asked to speak to the manager. She assured me that one night was not possible and she would never allow a late check out. Again I told her I just talked to someone an hour ago and they had told me differently. This was not going to happen when I asked her who I could call on Tuesday regarding this and customer service I was told there is no higher I am one of the owners. Her attitude was amazing until I pointed out she was a franchise and I am sure someone would love to here about her treatment of customers esp ones that frequent the Jellystone in NH. You are not going to believe this but now she is willing to have us come on up and stay the night. Really at this point I would camp in my backyard before I would support her campground. This is not over I will be making calls on Tuesday because this is not the type of person I think Jellystone franchise would want representing them. FYI now my kids are crying because surprise the oh sorry the lady said no.. it was about 400pm by the time I calmed them down we called the KOA in Middleboro Ma and sure they would do one night. We had never been there and please read my review..They were amazing and the place was great we had a blast...Shame on you Jellystone Sturbridge your loss, we were good customers. One more point when we camp it is usually with four other families so this is your loss Sturbridge because I would never give you another chance...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank alwaysprn
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and I stayed at this campground over this past weekend. After reading some of the reviews, I was a little nervous to go there since we have a 4yr old and 1yr old.

The good part:
To say that the staff is great would be an understatement. We had a small problem with our trailer and the staff - even though they are not experts - were extremely helpful in trying to help us sort out the problem. Every time we saw someone they treated us kindly and the older gentleman that was in charge of the wood sales was down right funny. I can only image what this dry hot summer has done to this place, but every camp site was clean and well maintained.

The not so good:
They are extremely tight on some of their rules. We bout a bag of wood from the gas station down the street and it was taken before we got on the property. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, in that they are concerned with the beetles considering on our drive to the camp site the highway signs all said "do not move firewood". The free pool was a little over crowded, but on a hot summer day, what do you expect. The only other thing was the store was a little over priced - again what do you really expect.

The change:
So there seems to be two different sides to this camp ground. We stayed in the back near the cabins. It was quiet, well maintained and the grounds people came by often to make sure people weren't being to loud. At 11:30 or so there was a large group of people in the cabins the got really loud. The rangers came by twice to tell them to quiet down. Well they wouldn't so the cops showed up. 10 min later you hear a pin drop in that section. The front side near the beach was a completely different story. We could hear them at like 11:45 still playing music and beer pong(my friend and I took a stroll just to find out what was going on). Those sites were really close together. If we had gotten one of those sites I would have left and demanded my money back.

Final review:
All in all I think this place was good. You might be able to find better, but you could definitely do a lot worse. People were nice, place was in good shape, the staff was great, and they are definitely trying to at least keep 2 different sections. So if you are looking for a quiet place to camp - go to the back section. If you want play beer pong - you should stay by the beach in the front.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Dnedllr2
Reviewed August 25, 2012

we stayed for the extended may days, and my 12 year old was absolutely devastated when it was time to finally pack up and leave . we got 6 or 7 weekends plus Memorial Day all for the price of 1 holiday weekend. the bathrooms were clean ,the showers were free ,the staff was helpful , mini golf was a lot of fun and they have plenty of activities scheduled for the kids. after reading all of the negative reviews I wonder what campground they stayed at because I've never felt unsafe at yogis . definitely going to be back in the fall

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank DaddyUneek
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I recently camped at this campground and was extremely sad to leave! My three children aged 6, 8, and 12 all love it! We will be going back and are considering a seasonal rental. This was the first time I camped at this park and was pleasantly surprised with the friendly staff, the 'free' showers, the cost efficient laundry, the camp was extremely clean and had plenty of staff on duty to take care of any issues if one would arise. I would recommend anyone to go there and try it out and see that these negative reviews will shock you!

Room Tip: fun, clean
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family