“reviews are shocking!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturbridge
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp Resorts
Southbridge, Massachusetts
“reviews are shocking!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I recently camped at this campground and was extremely sad to leave! My three children aged 6, 8, and 12 all love it! We will be going back and are considering a seasonal rental. This was the first time I camped at this park and was pleasantly surprised with the friendly staff, the 'free' showers, the cost efficient laundry, the camp was extremely clean and had plenty of staff on duty to take care of any issues if one would arise. I would recommend anyone to go there and try it out and see that these negative reviews will shock you!

Room Tip: fun, clean
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cathline H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I camped here all throughout my childhood and continue to bring my children. It feels like one big family. Staff was very polite and helpful. The recreation for the kids has just gotten better over the years. Ths place has a little bit of something for everyone. The pools are awesome and I love the waterslide and jacuzzi!! If you plan a trip with your friends or family you will never be bored and you'll probally make new friends like I have when I go. I love the summer but the fall rocks too. The kids love decorating for halloween and dressing up. I would rate this place amazing for family fun. Thanks to the management and staff for another great stay!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara R
New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I love this campground its very big and accomidating. My children are obsessed they never have a dull moment there's always something for them to do, not to mention YOGI and BOOBOO! I had a great stay in my cabin and will be back, they were very clean and comfortable. The entertainment is better than any campground I've gone to. The office was very helpful with any need I had. My car broke down and I had the pleasure of staying longer with the help of management. I could not have expected anythin better they worked with me when I needed it, I would recommend this campground to anyone expecially a family with little ones like mine they will never forget the fun they had at this place!! Thanks Jellystone see you soon!!!

Room Tip: The cabins are great with built in grills! Any spot is a good one.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ToriSmithe
auburn
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I have fallen in love with this place! From friendly staff to clean bathrooms this place has it all!! This year my family decided to camp for an extended time and couldnt be happier we did! When we arrived our site was very clean, but not really what we wanted. We booked a wooded site and decided when we got there the views were so beautiful we had to switch to a lake site. The wonderful ladies in the office were so accomodating and understanding. They moved our site promptly and even sent someone down to help us with our hook-ups!

Once we were settled we ventured out to check out the park. My kids are 6 and 3 and their favorite part was the aqua center! Its an extra charge per person but so worth it! My son must have gone down that water slide nearly a hundred times!! :) Also love that its a fenced in area for those little ones with quick feet!! Although my kids were a little disappointed about the 18+ in the jacuzzi.. I couldnt have been happier for a little mommy time!!

To my surprise every night there was family entertainment. They had candy bar bingo, Karaoke,and Live bands! The dance party was hand down our favorite!! We danced until they were falling asleep standing up! Also, the all day planned recreation kept us pretty busy!

On our third day our water line sprung a pretty bad leak. I called the office to notify them of the problem and just as soon as I hung up the phone there was a friendly maintenance man pulling up to my site. Understandably the water needed to be shut off to fix the problem. It was only out for about ten minutes before he had it fixed. While he was there he even pulled out a shovel and offered to empty my fire ring for me!

All I can say is this place is amazing! I will be back next year hopefully for a longer time, because two weeks in this place just isnt long enough! The memories created will last a life time. Don't believe everything you read.. you have to see it for yourself!

3 Thank amanda e
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Campsites are right on top of one another and fellow campers are loud and obnoxious!!!! People blare music, yell at the top of their lungs, and don't really seem to be out for the nature. Quiet time is 11, but blaring music and yelling obnoxiously after 9 is not 'family friendly' to me.

Very expensive place and they pack you in like sardines. Place is kind of run down and out tiny site was full of trash and debris.

Kids had fun in the pool with water slide, but this will cost you $5 a person. Other pool is free, but not very clean.

On a positive note, we did meet a couple of other families who were very nice. Both agreed they would not be returning either. I might consider this park for an overnight close to home for the kids if the prices were a bit more reasonable. Tiny campsite with no amenities will run you about $52 a night.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank GFHD223
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After giving in and trying the character themed park I should have listened to my gut and gone elsewhere.

We have a 28 ft rv and were Put in "Cindy circle". Also we have 3 children. The novelty of the large paint chipped broken yogi statue wore off quick. Add the terrible upkeep of he property and sites and it became obvious to us why it was so empty on a sat night. The grounds were in terrible shape and it left us wondering why wouldn't someone wouldnt paint this fence or fix that fence?

The pools were in rough shape and ate rooms were gross. Also forget the lake, I didn't see nyone attempt to go in it.

Sadly this campground was probably great in the eighties and each decade since it seems the ownership and staff have given up.

1 Thank Todd E

Travelers are raving about these Sturbridge hotels

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I rented a cabin with my 2 boys. We are used to camping in state parks, so I knew this wouldnt be as good...but it ended up being much worse than I imagined. The sites were practically on top of each other. I felt like I was staying in a refugee camp. I wouldnt be surprised to hear of a cholera outbreak there. Some trailers looked permanent...one guy had his weeds hacker out... Pretty sure he lived there. They had a DJ cranking dance music all night...so loud, you had no choice but to listen to it, no matter how far away you were. Actually, music was blaring from a lot of sites as well. The rules stated quiet hours were from 11p-7a. NOT enforced! Most people come here to party. We were up until 2:30 listening to them. It was a rough crowd, too. We definitely locked everything up....did not feel too safe there. Lots of loud dogs...one across from us barked like a junkyard dog every time a kid walked by. A couple of dogs were never leashed. We got about 3 hours of sleep, due to all the noise. The bathrooms had pools of dirty water on the floor. I have to say, the staff was friendly at the store and check in and the cabin was clean. The pond is small...not much room for fishing, but inexpensive paddle boats to rent. We booked 2 nights, but left before lunch after the first day. From now on, sticking to Nickerson state park....beautifully maintained, state run, inexpensive...and you are able to enjoy nature...what I thought camping was all about. Jellystone is misleading. If they advertised as a "party camp" people would know what they are getting into.

Room Tip: Go to another campground.
3 Thank Jami C