“Our grandchildren want to go to OSV again and again!”

Old Sturbridge Village
Go Boston Card
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Sturbridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A recreated New England village, with authentic period buildings, provides vistors with an intimate view of life in the early 1800s.
Columbia, Connecticut, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Our grandchildren want to go to OSV again and again!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have had a family membership for years. It is a great value for Grandparents to take their grandchildren in every season! We are fortunate to be about an hour away in CT. We also loved going to Christmas By Candlelight as a family! We are on our way right now...everyone looking forward to yet another fun day in the Village!!

Harrisville, Rhode Island
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Making Memories”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Visited on Fire and Ice Day with my daughter and 2 grandchildren (ages 11 and 7) and had the most wonderful time. So much so that as an early Christmas gift I purchased a family plus 1 membership package and it allowed deduction ($46) for the cost of our day visit. Only live 45 minutes away so we are planning another visit this Saturday for the Redcoats & Rebels. Looking forward to a year of wonderful memory making.

Browns Mills, New Jersey
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

What a wonderful museum! I am so happy that we spent 2 days exploring this gem!! The "Hands on Crafts" area was an added bonus! For a minimal fee you can make and take a keepsake. My daughter and I made a coil pot and I must say, it was an experience we will forever cherish! Sturbridge Village is truly an amazing family experience for all ages. We can't wait to return!! As an added bonus, we had a quick lunch in the Tavern. The Chicken Pot Pie was surprisingly delicious for a fast food type meal!!

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Want to go back”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice and loved the visit both times. There is a lot to see and learn as well as a small boat and carriage ride. I'd love to go back and would especially like to make the trip for one of their specialty openings like the Christmas one where the village is lit by candlelight like it would've been. Sleigh rides, cocoa and carols sound like a great time here. Maybe this year...

Visited October 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Trip to the 1800's”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Old Sturbridge Village is a living museum. I had 3 hours to tour this village so was a little rushed, but I managed to visit every building there. In many buildings were costumed docents ready to explain what life was like in 1830. I talked to people cooking, sawing lumber, making shoes, making pottery, teaching school, and doing many other activities. I expected to pay the full price of admittance but was surprised to arrive on a special day on which everyone pays $5...an extra bonus!