“Beautiful Grounds”

Go Boston Card
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Sturbridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A recreated New England village, with authentic period buildings, provides vistors with an intimate view of life in the early 1800s.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Old Sturbridge Village is set on beautiful grounds. They do different events throughout the year. I highly recommend the fireworks on the 4th of July which are spectacular. Our other favorite is reds vs rebels every summer which is a revelutionary war reinactment. The grounds are peaceful and sometimes I like to go to feel I'm stepping back into a simpler time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recently travelled with my three young nephews to the "Things That Go Bump In The Night" event at Old Sturbridge Village and it was spectacular! The grounds were beautifully decorated and the staff were all friendly and welcoming...we will be back next year for sure!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

THe boys enjoyed making a toy in the game workshop. Unfortunately, it started to snow and we missed many of the wonderful exhibits.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

4th visit...Old Sturbridge Village never loses its charm...buildings added blend in perfectly. GREAT family destinatioin.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband & I walked arrived at 11 a.m. & left at 4:30. We saw everything that was on the itinerary including riding the stage coach. Wear comfortable shoes as the paths are sandy with ruts. Look out for horse pucks too.

Our favorite was the blacksmith. He was very knowledgeable & answered our questions with direct answers & brought us truly back to that time in history with his stories. Highly recommend that stop as well as the cobbler & printing.

Would not recommend the Oliver Wight Tavern. Had only 2 choices for lunch. Hamburger or hot turkey sandwich for adults. Below the Bullard Tavern was another eatery but setup cafeteria style. Dark & extremely loud. We walked in then left. Overall, not a great place to have lunch.

They do give you a stamp & a return paper that allows free entrance for up to 10 days.

The trip was very enjoyable.