“Brunch on Labor Day”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Stow
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chef/Proprietor Nancy McPherson has created a rare Cafe ~ a peaceful Oasis that beckons the harried with hospitable staff that welcomes you and cooking that makes you want to come back for more. Large picture windows offer panoramic views of air field activity, birds feeding and flower gardens while the rotating display of local artists’ work freshens the ‘Main Deck’ dining room. Sourcing ingredients locally whenever possible, Nancy puts her touch to familiar classics as well as international and seasonal dishes. Most of her offerings include fresh herbs plucked from the kitchen garden by the door. Pestos and oils extend Cafe herb use into the winter.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Best food, best service and a special visit from "Nancy" and the most wonderful conversation. Waitress we named "Nancy", not her real name, was awesome. Enjoyed the whole experience so much. Three of us and we all ordered 3 different sandwiches and we each tasted each other's. Could not decide if there was one best one! They were all soo awesome!!. Had a small order of Nancy's famous silver dollar pancakes which were super, and then the apple crisp, just baked......soooo good! Feel like we developed a friendship with the Owner and the staff! Awesome experience and ambiance and surroundings! Loved it! Wish I lived closer..:)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've been to Nancy's Airfield Cafe many times, for dinner, lunch, breakfast, etc. Always stellar. Minor annoyance: Nancy's name is used way too often in the menu offerings (i.e., Nancy's Burger, Nancy's this and that). However, if I had her talent for putting together meals that are at once simple and complex, presented impeccably and yet down-to-earth, I guess I'd use my name often, too. My husband and I went for a nice Sunday lunch with cocktails, and I had a crab/avocado/hard boiled egg salad that was just superb! Never would have thought to put capers into such a salad, but it's a winner. Add to the the Makers' Mark Manhattan, and I left a happy woman. My husband's burger was one of the best he said he'd ever had. And then, on a sunny Sunday afternoon, watching tiny planes coming in and taking off mere feet from the window made for a chill and relaxing Sunday afernoon. Great place.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I found Nancy's several years ago. As an active pilot, I frequent airport restaurants and have never found another one of the quality that Nancy provides. In fact, given the caliber of most restaurants (greasy spoon type places), I would not even include Nancy's in the category of airport restaurants. Rather, this is a fine restaurant that happens to be on an airport. Food is local, fresh, delicious, and fairly priced. Nancy and her husband Don own the restaurant and airport and they are a pleasure. The restaurant looks out over the runway so there's generally something interesting to watch. Lots of wildlife as well as aircraft activity. This is not a busy airport so don't be concerned about being annoyed by too much airplane noise. Overall, I highly recommend Nancy's if you are looking for a great meal in the Stow, MA area.

1  Thank JimBoxborough
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Of all the places to find fine dining, who would ever suggest an airport restaurant? Well here it is. This was my first visit to Nancy's. A friend has been suggesting this place for years, but it always seemed too far and too good to be true. I was so pleasantly surprised. Nancy's husband/greeter/airport owner greeted us at the door and showed us to our table. Meeting him alone might be worth the trip! We were seated with a view of the airstrip unfortunately no planes were taking off. My friend and I started a plate of hummus (the best!) boiled eggs with tapenade, tomatoes, salad, and cukes. It's an interesting combo and would be a fine lunch for one. I had the lamb burger. OMG! I've recently stopped eating beef and most other meats but I could not resist. It was worth the cheat! Nice spices, not over or undercooked. The yogurt sauce was great too. Cold Slaw was among the best I've ever had. My friend had the veggie burger and loved it. We were to stuffed for dessert. Bummer! I forgot to mention the beautiful ride from 495 to the airport. Very pastoral and calming. Makes me wonder why I lived near the city! This is a definite go!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The main attraction of this restaurant? It sits alongside an airfield! You can watch the small planes and helicopters taking off and landing. The restaurant itself if is pretty good too. Nothing too fancy. Traditional food, decor and service. We visited most recently for Sunday Brunch and the food quality was solid, but the view probably outshined the meal a bit. I recommend it for a fun, unique dining experience.