“Something for everyone.”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Stow, Massachusetts
“Something for everyone.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a great place to go with friends who are vegan or gluten free because they have great food for us normal people too.

Visited February 2014

Acton-MA
“Enjoyable first visit-”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I kept meaning to stop in at Emma's because we both go to the gym nearby. We were scooter-pooping on Saturday, and stopped in about 1:30. My wife was delighted that they do breakfast all-day (they're only open till 3 pm) and ordered an omelet, while I decided to choose the Hawaiian BBQ pulled pork sandwich. The side choice for me was cous-cous (the middle eastern answer to grits) or grilled sweet potato salad- my choice. After tasting a sample of the sweet potato salad, I had to eat fast lest my wife eat it all. The pulled pork was wonderful- my wife tried it and said she liked it- and she doesn't like most pulled pork.
We were both disappointed by having plastic utensils for an otherwise great lunch.
I'll have to try some of their other menu offerings in a future visit.

• Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Growing Pains”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Came in Sunday morning for some breakfast sandwiches to go. We had been looking forward to trying Emma's because dining in the area is relatively scarce. I ordered the "hungry man" and my wife ordered the "from the garden". My breakfast sandwich was delicious, filling, and worth the money. My wife's, however, was simply sub-par. First of all, the sandwich was supposed to come with swiss cheese. When we got home and opened the sandwiches, she realized that there was no cheese at all. Also, the menu description made it seem like there would be an abundance of fresh vegetables. There was one quarter sized piece of pepper, the tiniest bit of tomatoes, and a small amount of chopped carrots and onions. It was dissatisfying to say the least.

We wanted to like Emma's so much. Knowing that this is a brand new restaurant, we will chalk it up to growing pains and give them one more chance.

1 Thank jfulginiti
Stacey B, Owner at Emma's Cafe, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for stopping by Emma's Cafe. Glad to hear you enjoyed our "Hungry Man" breakfast sandwich. It seems to be everyone's favorite! Please come in again and ask for me (Andrew) and I will ensure that your expectations are exceeded for your Wife's meal.

Thanks for your helpful response!

Andrew
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome Spot, Great Food!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My family and friends went to Emma's Cafe this past weekend. We had great experience. The staff was very friendly and courtious. Our order was ready in no time. I had the Hungryman Breakfast sandwich. It was awesome. They toast the roll on the flat top! A step many amateurs skip. There were many items on the menu at affordable prices. I was also impressed that they have a private dining room! Great for kids birthday parties or a weekday business retreat. We will definately be back to this place.

“An Amazing Little Spot”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I enjoyed my experience at Emma's Cafe on Sunday morning. After struggling to choose which meal to get, as they had a plethora of options, I decided on "Fresh From the Garden" egg sandwich. The local ingredients were so fresh, and that is a huge part of what made my meal so delicious. The service was excellent- despite the fact that they were rather busy, we waited no longer than 5-10 minute for our food. The chef brought our meals over personally and was more than helpful. Even better? The prices! As opposed to another restaurant of this kind, such as Panera, the prices are extremely fair, breakfast sandwiches ranging around $6-$7. I cannot wait to go back and try more.